• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

my 4 MG family photo

updated full auto collection photo

here is my updated collection of full autos. I have my M16 set up how I want it finally and the Uzi I have decided looks and shoots best with the wood stock. The Ruger is fine as is (love the classic look) and the MAC.... well its a MAC and shoots like one and is the perfect phone booth gun.

Rob

001-2.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
ha ha... yeah your right Sean. I like the wood stock on the Uzis.

That MAC needs a suppressor real bad. Nice collection. Jack.

yeah too bad we live in the liberal state of MA where we cant have them eh Jack......

Rob

Actually we can have suppressors in Mass given enough time, money and effort. You need a non-residential place of business to get the Mass dealers license at $100 for three years, $150 for three years for the 07 FFL, $500 per year for the SOT (tax stamp),and also the LTC and "Green Card". You can then deal in NFA stuff and also roll your own. You REALLY need to keep your shit together because you will get audited from time to time. Is it worth it? It is for me. Jack.

I hear you Jack.

I have been thinking about doing that too. I just have not had the time to put everything together I need and make it happen.

I just got a new job with a lot less stress and politics so I will have a lot of extra time to shoot and do the things I like along with spending more time with the family. Maybe this will be a good time to make this class 2 SOT manufacturer thing happen. I have always wanted to do it.

Rob

I like your Ruger. As I expected they have become harder to find and asking prices have gone up. Its amazing to me how Ruger still supports this product, despite the present political climate. Here are some of my "shooters". I guess you noticed my preference for SMG's over MG's!

DSCN0413.jpg

I like your Ruger. As I expected they have become harder to find and asking prices have gone up. Its amazing to me how Ruger still supports this product, despite the present political climate. Here are some of my "shooters". I guess you noticed my preference for SMG's over MG's!

DSCN0413.jpg

Love the greaser!!!

It was an Ithica M3-A1. Harder to find transferable, but there are Dealer Samples that still "pop up" here and there. Next to the Sterling MkIV, it was my favorite gun to shoot. It transfered out last December, (with the M1A1 Thompson), to pay for my Swedish K (not in pic.) and my truck.

Both guns (M3A1 and Swed K) are Full auto only, but with the low rate of fire, its easy to shoot one round at a time.

Cost of ammo became an issue; couldn't find much "reasonably priced" .45ACP ! Now I have an "all 9mm Family!

Last edited:
It was an Ithica M3-A1. Harder to find transferable, but there are Dealer Samples that still "pop up" here and there. Next to the Sterling MkIV, it was my favorite gun to shoot. It transfered out last December, (with the M1A1 Thompson), to pay for my Swedish K (not in pic.) and my truck.

Both guns (M3A1 and Swed K) are Full auto only, but with the low rate of fire, its easy to shoot one round at a time.

Cost of ammo became an issue; couldn't find much "reasonably priced" .45ACP ! Now I have an "all 9mm Family!

My 2 favorite subguns of all time are the Greaser and the PPd/ PPSh..
Ok, and the Mp40..

My 2 favorite subguns of all time are the Greaser and the PPd/ PPSh..
Ok, and the Mp40..

All are great guns with a lot of History behind them. I never did get an original "all matching" MP 40, but the Wilson conversion I had was a lot of fun. As for the PPSh; fun gun to shoot and ammo and parts are readily available, but every one I have come across is "too ugly" for me to part with the funds to meet asking price. I did find a nice Yugo M56 SMG in excellent condition for a lot cheaper. The gun looks like a MP 40 in many respects, only it was chambered for the 7.62X25mm. Had almost the same rate of fire as the PPSh but only takes stick mags.

I am envious of all of you, with a dab of hatred.

Anything in there that could be considered "budget"? and by budget I mean under 4k

Mac 11's tend to be in the 3k range, and you can supposedly make them into a decent shooter with a new upper.

Yeah who makes that upper? I've seen it before.

Reliable? I'd love to get my hands on an smg. Real fun.
You don't have to spend the money on a slow-fire upper. A good wood stock, barrel extension and a forward grip will make a MAC much more cotrollable. A suppressor is even better if you can have one. Jack.

You don't have to spend the money on a slow-fire upper. A good wood stock, barrel extension and a forward grip will make a MAC much more cotrollable. A suppressor is even better if you can have one. Jack.

How about reliability? I hear the MAC is decently reliable.

I'd love to get my hands on one when it's in the budget. Hard to find?

Back
Top Bottom