• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My best friend in the Marines

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
I just stumbled across this yesterday trying to look up my best friend in the Marines. His name is Bill Rosborough from Moline, IL. He took my under his wing when I got to my permanent duty station. We also did some time together in the Tijuana county jail on a rough weekend in Mexico. He is a top notch Marine, but most importantly he is a great friend who will always have your back no matter what the circumstances are.

He received the Purple heart and a Bronze Star last year while serving in Baghdad. I sent him an email to get the story on this rough day he had in Baghdad.

http://www.centcom.mil/CENTCOMNews/News_Release.asp?NewsRelease=20040828.txt

I'm just happy he made it out alive. [wink]

And make sure to tell him we wish him well, and send our thanks for his service.

A good natured ribbing about ducking wouldn't hurt, either. Only if there's no permanent damage, of course.

I've gotten a couple of emails from him. He got into a pretty good car accident so he's been recovering from that.

No details on the bomb incident yet.

Back
Top Bottom