**UPDATED - gun replaced**. My Dan Wesson 357 is toast.

All jokes aside from you guys , if this happened to you, I bet you’d shit your pants.

this thread is nightmare fuel and I hope Andrew gets a better spec’d barrel this time and I believe CZ in that they had a bad QC batch.

I’m trying to figure out the best way to proceed if I should keep it via email so everything is documented or give them a call. And how to word my email as do not piss them off and make them not fix it. I think I should email Bob as well as the Dan Wesson president
Piss them off? To my inexperienced eye that is a major, potentially deadly fail. Time for some righteous indignation.

All jokes aside from you guys , if this happened to you, I bet you’d shit your pants.

this thread is nightmare fuel and I hope Andrew gets a better spec’d barrel this time and I believe CZ in that they had a bad QC batch.
It could have been much worse. It was pretty uneventfu - luckily!!l
But had the cylinder or top strap blew up I’m sure I would have crapped my pants lol.

Yup. I just added up all of my invoices for DW parts and service over the years. Just shy of $2800! Not including my shipping costs. With that added I’m definitely at $3000. Probably chump change to some other DW owners but it shows I’m a loyal customer.

Damn, between my late Dad, brother, and I we have been shooting DW revolvers since the mid 80's. I think I replaced a lost barrel wrench?

Simple summary: Eddy Current is essentially the same thing as MPI, just fancier. And it works on non-ferromagnetic materials.

Since they are hard to get in MA, could you send them the whole thing, and have them return a "replacement" with the same serial number?
And, will it have to go through an FFL by law because it is not a repair?
I haven’t got that far yet. But it doesn’t matter since I already lined up a dealer for the transfer - if they decide to ship to a dealer.

I haven’t got that far yet. But it doesn’t matter since I already lined up a dealer for the transfer - if they decide to ship to a dealer.
they will have to ship to a dealer, as the serial number shipped in and destroyed will be different then the serial number shipped out. at least that's what Ruger did for the 2 i blew up, wait i mean, replaced...

But there are no DW guns on the list - Handgun Roster or Target - FFL can't really transfer to you

As an aside now i see the first Taurus is on the list! And two Bond Arms models.

Back
Top Bottom