• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My first optic has arrived...

I have had a Colt HBAR for years and have not fired it in like 8 years and it is the only rifle I've ever owned. Recently I got the AW fever and picked up a SIG 556 and more recently a S&W M&P15FT.

My optic just arrived I originally purchased for my SIG, a Trijicon TA31ECOS. Now this has as many of you might know set me back a few dollars. Can I easily use this one optic for two rifles? This is my first optic, I have zero experience with one...

Is there a problem with sighting in on one rifle then on another? As long as I remember the position I mount on should it be capable of servicing multiple rifles?

I don't know, I just do not want (have) to spend more money right now on another optic and since I've never used one before I'd like to get used to just one...and purchasing a second TA31ECOS is out of the question...

The guns will more than likely have different points of impact. So know your zero for each. The mount will have the biggest influence on maintaining the zero. It may take you a couple of rounds to get it back on.

The guns will more than likely have different points of impact. So know your zero for each. The mount will have the biggest influence on maintaining the zero. It may take you a couple of rounds to get it back on.

+1 The mount is going to be the biggest factor in trying to maintain a consistant zero for both rifles. Don't go with a cheap mount.

Back
Top Bottom