• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My first post….

DC Project

This should work better: DC Project – Women for Gun Rights

And their local group providing training for women:

Armed Women of America​

Thank you, Len for shedding light on “ AWA” and the “DCP”. Many women get confused and think these two organizations are one in the same. Although they are both national non profit groups for women, they aren’t the same. What makes it more confusing is Kerrie Ann and I lead them both at our state level.😆 AWA is a group that meets once a month for a couple hours. There’s a fee to join. The first hour is an educational classroom hour of whatever topic we are learning about and the second hour is range time with a line secured by RSO’s and instructors to help the members learn and practice safely. We have all skill levels of shooters on the line. We started the first chapter in Massachusetts 4 years ago. We meet at Mansfield Fish and Game on the second Monday of every month.
The DC Project is a national organization of women who safeguard our second amendment rights. It is free to join. We don’t meet with each other. We meet with our legislators, sometimes in small groups. Kerrie Ann, the DC Project Director of M.A. will run a zoom meeting every month or so to do a check in. We are an advocacy group who believes in “ Education not Legislation” We do public outreach and hold educational events. Our goal is to get women in every district of each state to visit with their legislators. Phone calls and emails seem to not leave as big of an impression as do meetings, although those means of communications are important. Forming relationships and sharing our testimonies is what’s leaving a mark. The state directors travel to DC every Fall to work on federal bills and to meet with our congressmen and women. ( I am the DC Project Director, Rhode Island). We have our work cut out for us in these states. We are the counter voice to the Moms Demand Action and other anti 2A organizations. Educating people in our community about 2A culture is imperative for safety. Educating our legislators is imperative if we want them to pass bills that make sense and have a positive impact on our communities. The 2A culture is not innate. It has to be taught. Our job is to educate. “ Education is the key to firearms safety”. I hope the description of both organizations helped to clear up any questions.

Last edited:
I admit that my first thought was: oh, boy, the fedboys are infiltrating gun forums pretending to be hot babes!

Then I read on a bit.

Good on you, Renee! Welcome to NES.
My first thought also. It's sad that we have to worry about some anti group coming in and making inflammatory postings.

These are all the state directors of the DC Project. PS) Congratulations to Amanda Suffecool for being elected on the NRA,Board Of Directors!!!!!! We have a lot of women within this organization making a difference.
This is a step in the right direction. I have followed her since 2005. I remember when she came up for the "2A Fashion Show" a few years back. Afterall, she did 'write the book' on the subject. Great addition to the New England scene and now the national stage of the 2A fight for at least the next three years. Hopefully more.[thumbsup]

Girls with guns. Gotta love it.
Let me tell about my Aunt Donna. She is 75 and lives in Florida now. She drives a white corvette with bright red leather interior. She also drives a Harley. She's very Republican and can't stand the Dem thought process. She has a Fenix flashlight that is so bright it lights up her whole backyard for security. Last but not least she believes in and has a handgun. Quite a girl, my aunt Donna.
Update. She just texted me about her new bumper sticker. It says "we the people are pissed off". Thats my aunt Donna.

Back
Top Bottom