• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My first trigger job.

I picked up a Savage Mark ii GXP last night, slapped a CenterPoint scope on it and took it to the range earlier today and shot 300 flawless rounds.

Once I got it sighted in, I was very happy with how it shot.

Now to the trigger... As clean and crisp as it was, it took a lot of pressure before it would break.

After some research, I decided to dive into the trigger and fix it. All I needed to do is snip a bit off the trigger spring, and BINGO! This now breaks with the greatest of ease. There's no creep, just breaks so nice and easy now.

I'm hoping my groups shrink with the lighter trigger. I'll find out tomorrow.

I just got back from the range and I got to tell you, if you have this gun, you NEED to snip that trigger spring. Holy crap what a trigger difference. There is the slightest amount of creep/grit, I'm talking just a slight tick, then it breaks with very light pressure. I'll try polishing some parts, maybe rotate the spring and see it that helps. But all in all, I'm very happy, night and day.

Back
Top Bottom