My G26 is in limbo. What should I do?

About 2 months ago I picked up a G26 from a NES member. It was in less than-stellar cosmetic condition so I immediately sent it into glock to have the slide/barrel refinished and the springs/night sites replaced.

Glock then informed me there was a hairline fracture in the frame. Since then I've been waiting for a pre-98 G26 frame to come into their possession. Guess what? Nothing yet and no ETA.

Has ANYONE successfully had a pre-98 glock frame successfully replaced? How long did it take?

I'm only semi kidding when I say this but maybe you should try contacting the AG's office on this. Tell them that a company is unable to replace your product due to the laws on Mass books while if you lived in another state you would have no problem. It's worth a try.

I'm only semi kidding when I say this but maybe you should try contacting the AG's office on this. Tell them that a company is unable to replace your product due to the laws on Mass books while if you lived in another state you would have no problem. It's worth a try.

Is that a legit avenue to go down? I'm not really opposed to anything at this point if it will potentially get results.

If you literally moved out of state (losing your LTC), established residency in a free state, got your Glock replaced, then moved back, brought the new Glock in, and got a new LTC, it would be legal. Are there less complicated ways to accomplish the same thing legally? I don't know, I am not a lawyer. But it seems like the main problem here, from Glock's point of view, is the state in your address.

Last edited:
Is that a legit avenue to go down? I'm not really opposed to anything at this point if it will potentially get results.

They actually have an online form you can submit with the information. Basically it asks if you have tried working with the company to resolve it and if that hasn't worked then the AG's office can try to help resolve it. It's BS that you can't use a companies warranty just like other residents can in other states. Maybe you can put that in the comments.

If you literally moved out of state (losing your LTC), established residency in a free state, got your Glock replaced, then moved back, brought the new Glock in, and got a new LTC, it would be legal. Are there less complicated ways to accomplish the same thing legally? I don't know, I am not a lawyer. But it seems like the main problem here, from Glock's point of view, is the state in your address.

I understand what you were getting at, but I don't think that would be legal; and I wouldn't want to put anyone else in a weird position to accomplish that.

It's not ILLEGAL for Glock to ship the frame to MA; they just wont do it.

They actually have an online form you can submit with the information. Basically it asks if you have tried working with the company to resolve it and if that hasn't worked then the AG's office can try to help resolve it. It's BS that you can't use a companies warranty just like other residents can in other states. Maybe you can put that in the comments.

I tried this out and will report back when I hear something.

Hopefully the AG's office doesn't feel the need to 'protect' me from getting my gun back...

Back
Top Bottom