• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My Glock frame broke!

GOAL

LenS said:
Thanks Rob.

What's this about Jon being GOAL President?

I didn't think that a Staffer could be GOAL President . . . and I thought that Jack Durkin was "president for life". [wink]
Ooops..... my mistake.

Since the OP is a friend and I know a bit about this . . .

No, Glock didn't replace it. Glock has a policy NOT to ship frames made post-10/21/98 into MA except to active duty LEOs, period. We've tried to get them to "see the light" but to no avail.

Last edited:
Obviously, GLOCK needs to purchase a clue.

When my Para P10 alloy frame cracked, they shipped me a NEW frame with a receipt showing that it was a replacement... and a sticker on the box stating that it wasn't MA compliant.

Another good reason to stay away from GLOCKs.

I wonder if the OP could sell the glock to an out of stater, for a couple of dollars, the new owner discovers it is broken, sends it to glock for repair/replacement, and owner sells it back to the original owner, all repaired for the cost of a couple ffl fees.

Gee, could I loan one to my brother in NH or Dad in West "By God" Virginia.

Then, if they broke it, they feel really bad and send it in to have warranty work done it.

Then, they give it back to me in perfect working order and don't mention the damage?

Just pondering...

I wonder if the OP could sell the glock to an out of stater, for a couple of dollars, the new owner discovers it is broken, sends it to glock for repair/replacement, and owner sells it back to the original owner, all repaired for the cost of a couple ffl fees.

Probably not, if the SN changed to a new one.

Only if the Glock were made pre-10/21/98, as any made after that date can't be transferred by a MA FFL legally.

It may take you a little time to find an FFL willing to get a frame for you, because many are fearful about doing this even though it is legal.

Could somebody PM me with info on

1) Any FFLs in this state that will do this
and/or
2) Anybody out of state that will ship a frame here.

It would be much appreciated!!

With any luck I could have a new toy at the pumpkin shoot!!

That's going to be tough. I bet you could find someone out of state willing to ship it in. The question is will you find a FFL dumb enough to transfer it in?

Dumb? A frame is not a firearm. (at least in the sense of MA
law) Be kinda hard for the AG to whine about that, when it came down to blows.

I think a bigger problem would be convincing Glock that they could
actually send it here. IIRC Glock has even been somewhat
recalcitrant to send guns back to MA w/new frames even when they
knew there was no obstacle on the receiving end.

-Mike

Dumb? A frame is not a firearm. (at least in the sense of MA
law) Be kinda hard for the AG to whine about that, when it came down to blows.

I think a bigger problem would be convincing Glock that they could
actually send it here.

I wasn't thinking about Glock. I was thinking about maybe a CCF Race Frame or something else. Ever since a problem I had with a USP, I just haven't been a fan of plastic guns. CCF makes alloy frames for Glocks.

But then again I really have been drooling for a 1911 so who knows.

Too many toys, not enough $$$

What happened with your USP?

I was trying to recreate a fake gun I had seen on TV (only a real version of course) I picked up a Brugger and Thomet rail system for it and added a red dot on top.

After putting about a box of ammo through it, I realized my aim was suddenly way off. Upon closer inspection, I found that the rail system had chewed up the accessory rail on the frame of the HK enough that the mount was actually sliding off. The plastic just couldn't handle all the extra weight during recoil.

Ever since then, I avoid plastic guns. (though I gotta say, before the rail started coming loose, it was great fun to shoot!!!)

Hi everyone,

Do we know where Glock stands right now on this policy? Has there been any updates?

Sent my 19 down to Glock for refurbishment and just got off the phone with them. Apparently, the frame has a hairline crack.

They told me they have to scrounge around for another 2nd gen. Is that still the standing order at the GA factory?

Thanks in advance

Having the same problem here. Hairline crack in my newly-purchased G26.

Anyone know if there has been a change in policy?

If you have any experiences with Glock, positive or negative, please post them here.

Having dealt with them, I know that Glock has great customer service. But there seem to be different experiences with broken frames in this thread.

I can solve this question.

Will Glock replace a broken frame?

It depends.
If you live out side of Massachusetts, yes absolutely.
If you live inside of Massachusetts, you may be in a bind. Glock will not replace your broken frame with a new frame. Why? The AG.

If Glock can find a old, pre 98 frame or gun for you, they may offer to use that part or gun to replace your broken glock.

I have gone through this problem before with customers at work who have had broken frames. Glock is not willing to deal with our state and its .gov.

I will stick with american and the 1911.have not heard of 1911s breaking.and I can do the repaires my self.

Lol, apparently you've never had a swinging link pin shear off, a plunger tube fall off, safeties fall off, or any of that other wonderful crap that often happens to 1911s.

1911 frames can crack, too, although it's pretty rare in .45 ACP to see that.

-Mike

I can solve this question.

Will Glock replace a broken frame?

It depends.
If you live out side of Massachusetts, yes absolutely.
If you live inside of Massachusetts, you may be in a bind. Glock will not replace your broken frame with a new frame. Why? The AG.

If Glock can find a old, pre 98 frame or gun for you, they may offer to use that part or gun to replace your broken glock.

I have gone through this problem before with customers at work who have had broken frames. Glock is not willing to deal with our state and its .gov.

So could you bring your Mass gun to a gun shop in NH and have them send it back to glock for you?
Give the guy at the Gun shop some cash for his hassle.

If he took the gun in on trade and found it had a problem he would have to get it fixed.

As long as he is not selling it back to a Mass person what would be the problem.

So could you bring your Mass gun to a gun shop in NH and have them send it back to glock for you?
Give the guy at the Gun shop some cash for his hassle.

If he took the gun in on trade and found it had a problem he would have to get it fixed.

As long as he is not selling it back to a Mass person what would be the problem.

If Glock does a frame replacement and it goes through an FFL, the NH ffl would have to send it back into MA for the transfer. (There are ways around this, but most FFLs will balk and mandate a transfer on a gun that now has a different SN on the frame. )

However, there's no reason the OP couldn't have his replaced gun/frame sent to an NH FFL, but he'd have a hell of a time trying to get it back into MA... at least at that point he'd have a working gun he could sell to the NH dealer, instead of nothing.

If Glock is willing to look I'd honestly just wait it out.

-Mike

Last edited:
So I could not bring my gun to a gun shop in NH for repairs?
And that shop might need to send it out for something?

Not being a pain here but just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom