My grandfather and the M1

kiver

NES Member
It has been a long week for me and my family. My grandmother recently passed and we have been going through the home. I came across many old pictures and some history I never knew of. Apparently my grandfather was working at the Springfield Armory and came up with a more efficient way of manufacturing the M1 carbine. For the longest time I have been in the market for a M1. I was first thinking a Garand but now I am going to do a bit more research and see if I can get one of his Carbines.

I found this to be pretty cool and wanted to share it with everyone

Here is his reward
8ee0c5f9.jpg

Last edited:
The garand is also referred to as a .30 cal rifle??? I just assumed it was the carbine as the garand is a 30-06. Thank you for this information

U.S. Rifle, Caliber .30, M1 refers to the Garand. Keep looking for a Springfield Garand. I'd offer to sell you mine, but I like it too much. Your grandpappy did good work!!

Sorry for your loss. That certificate looks like it pertains to the M1 "Garand" Rifle. Springfield Armory never produced the M1 Carbine.

Springfield Armory didn't make a Carbine. That paperwork is surely for the Garand.

U.S. Rifle, Caliber .30, M1 refers to the Garand. Keep looking for a Springfield Garand. I'd offer to sell you mine, but I like it too much. Your grandpappy did good work!!

Thanks for the quick info.......this is why I love this place

That is quite a momento. I would have a copy made and store the original in something safe from flames. Not that you will need such a device.

Back
Top Bottom