• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

my mother in law wants a gun

Getting the license and the course is the first step. after that worry about what gun to get. I doubt after taking the course she'll decide she wants to go with a .308 AR, but she probably will form some preferences.

she lives in florida in a semi gated community where there's been a lot of break ins. she's coming back to MA for a few months and has asked about firearms for when she goes back.

one family member told her "get a shotgun" in true Joe Biden fashion....

I can't see a smallish 62 year old using a shotgun, even a .410GA, call me nuts and I don't prescribe to the notion that a shotgun is great for people who "might miss."

Im suggesting training, of course, but as far as hardware, my thoughts are this -

an AR carbine of some sort, loaded with hollowpoint 5.56
an M1Carbine
Marlin Camp Carbine
Beretta Storm in 9 or .40

any thoughts? Im thinking as ideal as the AR is, its very killy looking for someone who is from MA and otherwise not familiar with firearms.

I second the AR with 5.56 HPs.

I did some testing with Winchester 77GR and pistol trauma plates. They have some amazing power to them.

Another vote here for a large revolver.....GP100 or Smith 686.........loaded with 125 grain or even 110 grain 38 special hollow points. Easy to use.......would have very low recoil.

sexy-ninja-girls-silently-making-sandwiches.jpg

Back
Top Bottom