• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My new and improved Ruger 10/22

As some of you may have seen, I recently had a thread in the equipment sections asking about scopes for a 10/22. I had been researching this build for a while and finally found a scope that would suit my needs. Once that happened, I ordered all the parts and a week later had:

ruger2.jpg

ruger1.jpg

The new parts include:

Green Mountain 20" Stainless Steel Fluted Barrel
Power Custom Hammer
Hogue Overmold Stock
Harris Bipod
Power Custom Scope Rail
Burris Signature Zee Scope Rings
Mueller APV 4.5-14x Scope - GREAT Scope for the money - Thanks for the suggestion, Ray.

It looks and shoots 100 times better than the stock setup I had. That drop in trigger works wonders for the horrid stock trigger pull.

I haven't made it to the range yet to really see what it can do off the bench, but from everything I've read about the Green Mountain Barrels, it should suit my needs for sure.

It looks and shoots 100 times better than the stock setup I had. That drop in trigger works wonders for the horrid stock trigger pull.

I haven't made it to the range yet to really see what it can do off the bench, but from everything I've read about the Green Mountain Barrels, it should suit my needs for sure.

Looks sharp - great pics! Thanks for sharing...

Looks great.
How is the cheek weld though for a sight picture through the scope? You may want to see about bringing it down further for more comfy shooting.
That stock looks great and should squeeze out some good accuracy.

It could be a tad lower maybe, I think the angle in the picture makes it look a bit more extreme. So far it seems to be alright, but I may try adding a pad to the stock or switching back to the cheap Ruger factory base to see which is more comfy.

Last edited:
Normally the base doesn't make much difference as far as performance as long as you have a notched base for the lugs to fit, but were talking a 10/22 that has very little recoil to begin with so I don't think its an issue.
I do know from what I've read that you want the scope as close to the barrel as possible. I must have bought and sent back 2 pairs of Warne rings before I found a set that worked for me.
Now I've got some scopes that are so tight and low that I can barely fit a few playing cards between them and they shoot great.
Not only does it make for better scope alignment but it also is more comfortable for shooting which makes for a better shot all around.

Back
Top Bottom