• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My new custom Sling Bag is on its way!!!!

Lmsoul

NES Member
@Lmsoul do you just send him a bag and he installs a holster? Are you able to have say on how and where the holster is installed

@Lmsoul do you just send him a bag and he installs a holster? Are you able to have say on how and where the holster is installed
I sent a down payment, and he orders the bag. It is all custom, so yes, you can customize it all you like ( within reason)- I hike in NH and Maine, plus camping trips. I could not find a sling bag that could hold my CZ97BD and medical supplies. I will update with pictures once ProteQ sends me my bag! In my opinion, the best holster for EDC, and now I get a custom bag for hiking.

WHAT is a sling bag?!
According to the Oxford dictionary, a sling bag is an unstructured fabric shoulder bag that can either be worn parallel to your body or across it. One end of the strap is attached to one end of the bag and the other to the other end. lol

My $0.02... you should send him an 11x14” Soft panel of body armor to custom cut to the inside of the bag, so when you sling it around in front you have some ballistic protection.

I keep a similar setup in my trunk, using a Oakley sling pack. It has a loop field on the inside and I attached a cheap-o 5.11 Velcro backed nylon holster (with a thumb break for retention). It also has an internal sleeve that I put a 6x8” soft armor side panel in for minimal coverage. If I ever need to off-body carry, I have that as an option.

Oakley Extractor Sling Pack 2.0 Coyote Universal Fit Amazon product ASIN B07YBL4FH9View: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07YBL4FH9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_6D7NT8NAY596XS1D0AF5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

My $0.02... you should send him an 11x14” Soft panel of body armor to custom cut to the inside of the bag, so when you sling it around in front you have some ballistic protection.

I keep a similar setup in my trunk, using a Oakley sling pack. It has a loop field on the inside and I attached a cheap-o 5.11 Velcro backed nylon holster (with a thumb break for retention). It also has an internal sleeve that I put a 6x8” soft armor side panel in for minimal coverage. If I ever need to off-body carry, I have that as an option.

Oakley Extractor Sling Pack 2.0 Coyote Universal Fit Amazon product ASIN B07YBL4FH9View: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07YBL4FH9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_6D7NT8NAY596XS1D0AF5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I like that a lot!!! Thank you!!

I have one of these:

I have not needed to use it yet, but I'm glad I have it.
One use is in the Summer when I'm wearing basketball shorts and want to go for a walk.
I can bring the Remora and not try to wear a holster on athletic shorts.

I have one of these:

I have not needed to use it yet, but I'm glad I have it.
One use is in the Summer when I'm wearing basketball shorts and want to go for a walk.
I can bring the Remora and not try to wear a holster on athletic shorts.
I wanted a bag that did not scream I am carrying. That is one of the main reasons I got the Duluth sling bag. It looks like an ordinary bag. Wearing my gym shorts for a walk with my Family, the bag will be perfect for that too. I never thought I would always be carrying, no matter where I go. I never leave home without my EDC. I mean never.

Last edited:
I wanted a bag that did not scream I am carrying. That is one of the main reasons I got the Duluth sling bag. It looks like an ordinary bag. Wearing my gym shorts for a walk with my Family, the bag will be perfect for that too. I never thought I would always be carrying, no matter where I go. I never leave home with without my EDC. I mean never.
Fixed that for you...

Sling bag? Some call it a Kaiser bag.

Carl.jpg

I wanted a bag that did not scream I am carrying. That is one of the main reasons I got the Duluth sling bag. It looks like an ordinary bag. Wearing my gym shorts for a walk with my Family, the bag will be perfect for that too. I never thought I would always be carrying, no matter where I go. I never leave home without my EDC. I mean never.
Great time for a history insert! [thumbsup]
bag.jpg

View: https://youtu.be/wPGfzkzqdh0

Lesson: The gun failed because he has inserted the full mag. Full mag was known for creating jams. If he would load minus one the gun would fire fine.

Back
Top Bottom