• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My new favorite rifle

It's been a while since I posted anything new, so here we go. It's been a while in the making:

Here's my new favorite! Took her out for the maiden voyage today up at Monadnock R&G with MrTwigg (became a member there today as well).

Specs:
Lower: Anvil Arms "NES Member"
Stock: Standard A2
Upper: Spikes (Keyhole, like all the rest)
Trigger: 3lb Timney
Grip: Magpul
Barrel: White Oak CMP Match (1 in 7) free floated with YHM brake
Forearm: YHM
Front Site: YHM Flip up
Rear Site: TBD
Optic: Early release Elcan SpecterDR 1 or 4x with the flip of a lever. (see here also)
Bi-pod: Winchester (that is not actually mounted in the photo which is why it is backwards, just there to prop the rifle for the photo).

This was my first AR build from the ground up, and I'm very happy with it so far. Sighted in at 50yds with (3) two round groups, but really needs to be re-sighted at 100yds as there is still considerable rise at the distance. Without getting real fussy I was holding a 1.5" group at 150yds (20 rounds). I suspect this will get better as I get used to the rifle.

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be the first to day that is one schweeeeet shootin' Ar.

I was able to pick a couple of claybird fragments off the berm with that rifle.

And that sight is definatly a wonder.

RIF,I just looked at your description..Usually I just check out the pics..my bad [smile]

I have heard they are heavy,do you find it heavy as well ?

Not as heavy as the barrel! It's a bit on the heavy side, but this thing is as solid as they come. If I could afford it they'd be on all my ar's. It'll be at the pumpkin shoot next weekend if you want to check it out.

That Elcan is awesome. They seem to be as elusive as Sasquatch. How do you like it? Rest of the gun looks great as well.

Back
Top Bottom