• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

my new toy "Browning Hi Power" Belgium made

Well,
I finally found a gun I have been looking for, for about 10 years. Plus it is the old school version and that is my personal favorite.

check it out.... "Browning Belgium made Hi Power" Brought it home today. Had it transfered in from good ole Tennessee.....
Its old but in SUPER shape. Needs a refinishing sometime. I bought some brand new grips for it too. I am going to get it all cleaned up and put the new grips on and then post some more pics.

I am a happy guy having this little gem... I love this gun. [smile]

pix2075766656.jpg

pix2075766562.jpg

Last edited:
yeah I am pumped. I love it...

I have owned almost every handgun known to man (1911, S&W autos and revolvers, Glocks, Sigs, H&Ks, Lugers, Mauser, Beretta etc.) but never a Hi Power. I feel like a little kid again... ha ha..

Nice High Power. What are you considering, in terms of refinishing? I picked up an older model this year, and it's more brown than blue. I'm torn between leaving it as is, or having it professionally re-blued.

BrowningHiPower.jpg

Chris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nice High Power. What are you considering, in terms of refinishing? I picked up an older model this year, and it's more brown than blue. I'm torn between leaving it as is, or having it professionally re-blued.

well you know its funny you said that. I cleaned it up real nice last night and I am almost considering leaving it the way it is too. Its almost a shame to do anything to it.

ateamrob, juergenG and Ranger 4-7, all nice Hi Powers. JuergenG, I'm looking for another Hi-Power stamped Belgique Arms De Guarre like yours. I really like the WWII era guns.

My favorite autoloader also.

AteamRob, what made you change your mind about the other Hi-Power you were looking at? The newer one here on the classifieds? I think you got more of what you wanted, the classic Hi-Power look, with the external extractor for reliability. I think it's a winner.

The newer Hi-Power was and is a nice gun too. For the price being asked here, $650 I think, it was a fair deal for a nice gun.

How much did you pay for the one you finally bought? Where did you get it? I'd change out those grips too. I prefer the standard stocks with no logos.

Good luck with it.

Bill

The newer Hi-Power was and is a nice gun too. For the price being asked here, $650 I think, it was a fair deal for a nice gun.

I agree. It's on my hip right now. [smile] Took it to the range and put 100 rounds through it this evening. I love it. Only thing I don't like is that the trigger reset is hard to feel, and almost the full travel anyway. It seems a previous owner removed the mag disconnect. I think I remember hearing that that had a negative affect on the reset.

@depicts
I'm still looking for a Hi-Power w/ tangent sight and a stock.
There's a stock up at a German auction board today, but this was
at approx. $ 200 already yesterday[crying]
A John Inglis is on the wish list, too.

My dad used to carry one as police chief, Very accurate gun and he could really hit with the pistol. He sold it before I could carry a pistol. It is on the list to buy for sure.

Browning Hi Power

Hello:

I have a Browning Hi Power, Belgium made, that I bought in 1978. It has never been fired or even had a round chambered. Obviously, pristine condition.

I am looking to sell it. Any idea of possible value?

Thanks

Last edited:
Browning Hi Power

Hello:

I have a Browning Hi Power, Belgium made, that I bought in 1978. It has never been fired or even had a round chambered. Obviously, pristine condition.

I am looking to sell it. Any idea of possible value?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom