• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My range is now closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadEyeDan

NES Member
Got an email that the Weymouth Sportsman’s Club is closed until further notice... Set with Gun’s and Ammo but no place to shoot... thought I’d take the wife out this weekend to brush up on her rusty pistol skills... 🥺

I've been told that Fall River Rod and Gun in Westport, Mass and East Warren Rod and Gun in Warren, RI have also shut down.

Shit I better hit the range this afternoon before mine closes. My club did shut down public access on Sunday’s. That will be a nice change since it’s always a zoo on Sunday’s.

Shit I better hit the range this afternoon before mine closes. My club did shut down public access on Sunday’s. That will be a nice change since it’s always a zoo on Sunday’s.

I don't get why they would shut down the outdoor ranges. People are going to be at least 10+ ft away. No sports, no school, no office, no eating out, no gym... The range is the only activity left that I was looking forward to on the weekend. I'm definitely going today just in case.

Last email I got from my range (yesterday) said they were NOT closing. Since its members only (with guests) and not open to the public it's not much of an issue. Got too much going on to go this weekend but I might end work a little early one day during the coming week and hit the action bays.

I also received email. Club is open but no events being held. As of now you can use facilities but they urge social distancing.

My club in Georgia cancelled its USPSA match that was scheduled today. The weekly club dinner was cancelled for this past Thursday and next Thursday.
Bays, ranges, skeet/trap/etc all remain open.

My club in CT just sent me an email, the monthly meeting is cancelled. Also, the pin shoot that was scheduled for today was cancelled a couple of days ago.

Spinner and gong in the back yard look better all the time .. pretty much restricting my self to .22 rimfire for the time being . I don't want to advertise. Seems to be a lot of unknown cars out for a ride even though we are on a dead end .

That really blows. I’m hoping mine doesn’t shut down. Wtf am I supposed to do with all of my ammo??
sell it to this guys friend...
she'll want more i'm sure.

That's a bit over the top.

My club cancelled all leagues, public shooting events indoors, and meetings because for those we get 30 plus people at a time and on the indoor range it gets crowded.

Ranges are all open for personal use though and trap will continue regular hours......just doing the signups outdoors and keeping folks from gathering in the office. Hand sanitizer has been out out on all the shooting stations.

Hopkinton has cancelled all scheduled events, but the ranges remain open for member use, as does the clubhouse (restrooms) and indoor range.

Last edited:
Hopkinton has cancelled all scheduled events, but the ranges remain open for member use, and does the clubhouse (restrooms) and indoor range.
Same with country pond fish and game.

Events cancelled.....ranges open for personal use.

Got an email that the Weymouth Sportsman’s Club is closed until further notice... Set with Gun’s and Ammo but no place to shoot... thought I’d take the wife out this weekend to brush up on her rusty pistol skills... 🥺

Does your range typically have an RSO or larger groups of people? What's the logic behind the closure?

Our meetings and trap & skeet have been cancelled for now but the facilities are not closed to individual members. My local range is relatively small- two tables for anything out to 25 yards and six bench positions for 25 to 100 yards. I don't see any logical reason to close it and will fight any proposals to do so. Given all the new gun owners or at least folks who never practice but want to given the current situation, having the range available is an important service to members.

Clubhouse closed at one of my clubs, but all ranges are still open. It doesn't make sense to close outdoor ranges.

That really blows. I’m hoping mine doesn’t shut down. Wtf am I supposed to do with all of my ammo??

I think the latest from Norm was to stop allowing the public to access the club ranges on Sundays and that all ranges were open to the membership....but that could change I suppose at any time....

From my club in Connecticut just now:

All,

The Medium Bore Monday Night Pin League scheduled to start April 6th is being cancelled this year due to the current COVID-19 situation. Hopefully, if the situation improves, large bore league will be able to be held as scheduled starting July 6th.

Executive Board

To: All members of WSC
Subj: Club closed
Date: 20 March, 2020

WSC will be closed as of today 3-20-20 until further notice. Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Very sorry for the inconvenience has caused you. As soon as the State of MA has given the all clear, the club will be open immediately.
Thank you
E-Board

RESPONSE REQUIRED: That you have received and understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom