my rifle killed my phone

so yesterday I was plinking with my Mosin Nagant M44 and I didn't realize my blackberry was about 2 feet away from the muzzle. needless to say 50 rounds later I packed up and headed home. after arriving home I noticed this loud static noise coming from my phone, it was the speaker that was blow up from the muzzle blast of the rifle. just a heads up to everyone who hasn't found this out the hard way. anyone else ever have this happen??

Good demonstration of what would happen to your eardrums without protection

I usually wear my phone on my belt while shooting (just in case someone calls while I'm there so that I can have the fun of trying to talk to someone with gun shots in my background). It didn't occur to me that this could be a problem. But then, I'm always shooting something smaller than a Mosin Nagant. Thanks for the tip... I'll leave the phone in the car.

my iPhone is most usually in my breast pocket, no issues so far with my compensated AR and other toys.

It's company paid for, so no loss to me if something happens... but being my first company paid-for phone... nothing seems to happen to the sun'bish... even dropping it 5 feet on to my fireplace slab [shrug]

Won't somebody think of all the poor phones?

Range time is my time.
Ding! Fries are done. A few months back I was at TRPC indoor range. I had just set up all my stuff and had my ears in ready to go. RING! Walk off the range and it was mundane everyday crap that I did not need to know. Now I won't answer my phone at the range anymore unless it's my wife. She won't call unless someone we love is on the way to the hospital.

cell phone

what happened that any one needs to have a phone attached to them all the time.I only carry mine when I go out driving.just in case I need help.otherwise its on the charger.I hate them.

I usually put mine in my range bag with the ringer off. But with the possibility of the wife going into labor any day now, I had mine in my pocket on vibrate yesterday. Damn thing went off mid-shot and completely effed up my aim. Not sure if I even hit the friggin target. The call wasn't even my wife. The cell went back into the range bag after that.

Mine is in my truck I'm sick of phones ringing and ringing my Peace and quiet. Range time is my time.

#1 Finally someone gets it.Why do we feel the need to be ready to answer everyones calls right away?When I am out doing fun things,my phone is left in my truck.When I return,I check to see if someone called.Having a cell phone on all the time ready to be answered at a moments notice,is like being a dog on a leash.Get off the leash folks and enjoy life.You only have one.[grin]

cell phone at the range

I only bring mine, as others have said to make a call if necessary. Only my elderly parents, a sister in FL and my wife even have the number. Range time is quiet time :)

Being out in western mass, cell coverage is spotty. Lucky for me, I get no service at the range.

I don't even turn mine on unless I have to make an urgent call that can't wait until I get home (rarely). There have been months where I have used 0 minutes. I got it for my convenience, nobody else's lol.

i've been shooting with it in my pocket since I got it. It was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. that rifle is one loud beast too. I popped off one round with out ear protection once... i'll never do that again! my ears were ringing for about 20 minutes. I have been having a lot more problems with at in the last day or so. now the internet barely works. The concussion from the blast must have shook loose the wiring. atleast AT&T is sending me a refurb to replace it.

The iPod link got me chuckling- I wonder how long it takes til, "there's an app for that" - The iSight?

edit- forgot to add- it uses the video cam on the Nano, and shows you what you would normally see looking down the barrel. We could get more geeks to join the ranks of RBKA :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom