• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My S&W 41 may be spending more time in the safe....

My Ruger Mark III just came back from the gunsmith today. [grin]I had a Volquartsen trigger, sear, target hammer, springs, and slide release installed. Plus I put on some Vitarbo grips. The trigger on this is SUPERB. It's a measured 2 lbs. and crisp as hell.[wink] This thing feels great in the hand, but I haven't got to shoot it yet. Tomorrow night we're shooting a few practice matches. I'll be leaving the 41 in the safe for now. This trigger is better than the Smith's.[smile] Here's a few pics.

grips014.jpg

grips012.jpg

That is quite the grip you have on there. Looks comfy. Were all the action parts just drop in or did they need to be fitted? I've been toying with the idea of cleaning up the trigger on my MkIII. How much were all the action parts, if you don't mind my asking?

Looks great. Give us a range report [smile]

That is quite the grip you have on there. Looks comfy. Were all the action parts just drop in or did they need to be fitted? I've been toying with the idea of cleaning up the trigger on my MkIII. How much were all the action parts, if you don't mind my asking?

Looks great. Give us a range report [smile]

The grip is a Vitarbo and is very well crafted. However this one was made for someone else. I used a Dremel and tweaked it here and there to fit my hand perfectly.

The Volquartsen parts are basically drop in. I'm not that handy, and my friend is a gunsmith, so I left the job for him to do. The parts kit costs $110.00. Cost me $35.00 to install it and set the trigger pre-travel and over travel.

Here's the link to VQ: https://www.volquartsen.com/product/354

The pull (when dry firing) is super. I have a tuned Model 41, and the Ruger now has a better trigger. The gun was always accurate, just never could get past the stock trigger pull.

My Ruger Mark III just came back from the gunsmith today. [grin]I had a Volquartsen trigger, sear, target hammer, springs, and slide release installed. Plus I put on some Vitarbo grips. The trigger on this is SUPERB. It's a measured 2 lbs. and crisp as hell.[wink] This thing feels great in the hand, but I haven't got to shoot it yet. Tomorrow night we're shooting a few practice matches. I'll be leaving the 41 in the safe for now. This trigger is better than the Smith's.[smile] Here's a few pics.

Looks great.
My father shoots .22 pistol during the week nights and mentioned seeing lots of guys shooting Rugers that have been tricked out and said they shoot well with them.

Looks great.
My father shoots .22 pistol during the week nights and mentioned seeing lots of guys shooting Rugers that have been tricked out and said they shoot well with them.

One of the guys that shoots in our league shoots 280's every week with a Ruger mark II that's very mildly tuned. They make a good base gun if Pardini's are too expensive....[smile]

Nice looking MKIII
I have done a number of these kits and they do need a little fitting and adjusting to get the most out of them.
I can do action work on all Ruger 22's, 10/22's and revolvers.
Give me a call to discuss.
John

Back
Top Bottom