My Shooting Experience Yesterday

I just applied for the membership in Stony Brook Rod and Gun Club in Lincoln, RI last week. Yesterday, the man who works in the store where I bought my gun took me to the range as a guest and let me shoot his 0.22, as I can not use my gun there before becoming a member. He said I was doing very, very good. Most shots hit 8, 9, or 10. And taking into account that I had not shot for about 10 years and never had a regular target practice except for with airgun, that IS good.
In my old country, civilians could not own any handguns. I think that gun ban indicates a serious problem in the soceity. That means something is very wrong. That means the government fears its people and want the control over their lives.
Now, I can say just a few things.

Proud to live in the United States.
Proud to be the Citizen.
Proud to be the gun owner.

In my old country, civilians could not own any handguns. I think that gun ban indicates a serious problem in the soceity. That means something is very wrong. That means the government fears its people and want the control over their lives.
A woman who gets it.

Can I introduce you to my sister so you can explain the facts of life to her? [smile]

Glad to have you here, Yelena!

BTW... the government SHOULD fear it's people - it's the control part that is evil.

Last edited:
Welcome and once again...glad you're on our side...[smile]

I don't get it, the club would not allow a guest to shoot their own firearms? I don't know if that's a gun club I'd want to be part of?!?! Someone explain tome...maybe I missed something.

Thanks everybody!!! Once again, it was not a mistake from my side to come to this forum[wink] When my brother came back home after his first trip to the USA in 1989, the first thing he said was:
-You won't beleive that, but Americans can buy real pistols!

Welcome and once again...glad you're on our side...[smile]

I don't get it, the club would not allow a guest to shoot their own firearms?
By their rules, you have to be a club member to shoot your own gun. If you come with someone as a guest, you can only shoot 0.22. Good thing is that the membership there is rather easy and inexpensive.

Yelena - I became a US citizen back in Jan 2007 and got my LTC same year. Coming from the UK, the only personal firearms allowed were shotguns, but I think that has become more difficult these days ( I came here 15 years ago).

Like you:

Proud to Live in the USA
Very pround to be a citizen
Very happy to be a (multiple) firearms owner :)

And I still have room in the safe...

Proud to be the Citizen.

First off welcome to the sport and glad you are here!

What a great first hand perspective you have of life with and without "gun control"......

Watch out, someone from GOAL or similar organizations just may be reading and might try roping you into being a spokesperson :)

I just applied for the membership in Stony Brook Rod and Gun Club in Lincoln, RI last week. Yesterday, the man who works in the store where I bought my gun took me to the range as a guest and let me shoot his 0.22, as I can not use my gun there before becoming a member. He said I was doing very, very good. Most shots hit 8, 9, or 10. And taking into account that I had not shot for about 10 years and never had a regular target practice except for with airgun, that IS good.

Proud to be the Citizen.

Congrats,
People shouldn't fear their governments, governments should fear their people.

Are you REALLY happy you still have room in your safe?[smile]
Of course she is!! Somewhere, I can hear Carol King singing "Anticipa-a-ation"... [smile]

Seriously, what could be better than looking forward to more guns?

Well, OK, shooting them. But anticipation is a good thing... I'm waiting on something and with any luck at all, by this weekend I'll have some pix to share...

Thanks to my Dad, who had always been a gun-lover, but never had an oppurtunity to own one. I had toy guns since I was a baby, and started to shot air-guns as soon as was able to hold them [grin]

I like your family already.

Back
Top Bottom