• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My son's newest toy

Brian.jpg

My 2 cents-as of yet unfired- Very heavy (expected) but keeps the sights very still. Fit should be much better for a 600 dollar rifle. Furniture very nice, wood is pretty plain. Overall, very nice-I'm jealous. Shoulda bought 2 of them.

Interesting choice. When you say "newest" I suppose that indicates it's not his first gun. Do y'all do historical re-enactments or something? Curious why a young man would choose to spend his hard-earned cash on such a thing. Definitely not bashing. It's very cool. It just seems kids today have such varying tastes. Most kids his age would be looking at a bolt-action .308, or some AR/AK derivative.

Interesting choice. When you say "newest" I suppose that indicates it's not his first gun. Do y'all do historical re-enactments or something? Curious why a young man would choose to spend his hard-earned cash on such a thing. Definitely not bashing. It's very cool. It just seems kids today have such varying tastes. Most kids his age would be looking at a bolt-action .308, or some AR/AK derivative.

Far from his first gun. He'll be 17 in August and has a fair collection thus far. This is his second ML-first was an inline to get him in the woods (he hates it) He also has a .308 Mossberg ATR, 1903 Springfield sporter and an AR-7 survival rifle (9th birthday present) He has pilfered his sister's .410/.22 Rossi (and needs to be kept from all of the rest of mine!)

He is an anomoly with the hunting. Flintlock and longbow only (yes, longbow!) He makes his own arrows and does all of his small game hunting with stone points (deer requires a "well-sharpened, steel broadhead" by regulation) He is a huge follower of all things native american (thus the mohawk)

He is an absolute pain in the ass where it concerns these things-but I could have some other, far more substantial issues to deal with for a 17 year old. Most parents would love to have my problems. By this time next year, he will likely be at Parris Island, SC. You know, on vacation-enjoying the sun ;-)

Last edited:
Good for him, and you. That picture is a winner. Young man with a Mohawk, carrying a flintlock, and wearing a tee shirt that would send some people into apoplexy!

I am jealous.

Nice, I bet he'll enjoy that as a keeper to hand down some day!!! Especially where he will no doubt have many memories of buying it through his own hard work and savings and better yet shooting it with Dad!! Hope you both enjoy it!!!

Back
Top Bottom