My Vermont buck.

roccoracer

NES Member
Yesterday morning at 7:30 I harvested this beautiful buck in Vermont. My coffee wasnt even cold yet and I had meat. Even after taking this buck and beginning to drag him out (600 yards) I jumped another shooter buck. Between my dad and I we saw 8 deer. It was an awesome opening day. It dressed out at 135. Sorry about the poor picture.20191116_082125_013.jpg

Congrats!
I'm not harvesting one this year because I'd have to buy another freezer to store it...both of mine are completely full with garden produce, chicken, and some of last year's buck.

Congrats!
I'm not harvesting one this year because I'd have to buy another freezer to store it...both of mine are completely full with garden produce, chicken, and some of last year's buck.

You could put it in my freezer. You won’t get it back, but I’ll make room anyhow. Lol

I half expected to see little jack peepin' from behind one of those trees.

congratulations, good for you!

Beautiful animal! Nice job.
I’m counting down the days to shotgun here in MA, zone 12.
I’ve never hunted deer further than Middleboro. I would love the chance to hunt outside of MA, with a capable rifle someday. Maybe when my kids are older.

Nice deer, good for you. You must be in southern Vermont, there's no snow there. We have 3-4 inches here in the NEK, plus it was 3 below this morning. Good for you, I've seen one doe, a porcupine, dozens of turkeys, a few partridges and lots of red squirrels. Gave a ride to a hunter who told us that he saw a cow moose with a calf and a bear. I asked him if the bear was worth shooting, he said it was about 150 pounds or so but he's already got one this season.

Nice deer, good for you. You must be in southern Vermont, there's no snow there. We have 3-4 inches here in the NEK, plus it was 3 below this morning. Good for you, I've seen one doe, a porcupine, dozens of turkeys, a few partridges and lots of red squirrels. Gave a ride to a hunter who told us that he saw a cow moose with a calf and a bear. I asked him if the bear was worth shooting, he said it was about 150 pounds or so but he's already got one this season.
I may go back out next weekend for a bear. I am hunting in Southern Vermont. Only 10 miles north of Massachusetts.

I may go back out next weekend for a bear. I am hunting in Southern Vermont. Only 10 miles north of Massachusetts.
I only have two days left for my rifle unfortunately so I have to make the most of it. I’ll be out tomorrow and Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom