N/D Of The Week

According to police, a 46-year-old man was inside the store in the bread aisle when something caused a handgun tucked into the waistband of his pants to fire.

“I turn around to see him grab his crotch and run to the front of the store,” a witness said. “Scared the crap out of me and some other shoppers. People heading to the exit as fast as possible.”

I just read a passing reference that Lee Harvey Oswald had a N/D with a privately owed pistol when he was in the USMC. "Once he was court-martialed for possessing an unauthorized pistol with which he had accidentally shot himself. He received a twenty-day suspended sentence." "The Secret Service story", Dorman 1967. Has anyone ever read the details?
As an aside, George S. Patton shot himself in the leg with a M1911 when they were first issued. After that, he distrusted automatics and that is why he is always shown with a revolver.

... George S. Patton shot himself in the leg with a M1911 when they were first issued. After that, he distrusted automatics and that is why he is always shown with a revolver.
[shocked]
Ya think someone told him that the 1911 is as safe as a single-action revolver
as long as you leave the last space in the magazine empty?
[rofl]

Any stooge can shoot themselves:

When Howard was 12, he accidentally shot himself in the left ankle while cleaning a rifle. Moe rushed him to the hospital and saved his life. The wound resulted in a noticeably thinner left leg and a slight limp. He was so frightened of surgery that he never had the limp corrected. While with the Stooges, he developed his famous exaggerated walk to mask the limp on screen.[1]

(You'd think this video would be a perennial,
but the most obvious forum search for this copy comes up empty).

We had a gun break last week. Pull the trigger, nothing. Releasing the trigger was a whole different ballgame. I was watching when it happened. The eyes of the guy holding the gun were pretty wide after the shot broke. edit... Followed by DID YOU SEE WHAT JUST HAPPENED???

I hope that video is from the early 2000's at the latest, shooting has evolved since the 'lock your arms' stage of pistol shooting.

:mad: The suspect, 23-year-old Michael Tate, was arrested and charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, carrying a firearm without a license, unlawful possession of ammunition and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling.

:mad: The suspect, 23-year-old Michael Tate, was arrested and charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, carrying a firearm without a license, unlawful possession of ammunition and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling.

I'm more surprised by what he wasn't charged with.
How about endangerment of a child or causing bodily injury ???

I'm more surprised by what he wasn't charged with.
How about endangerment of a child or causing bodily injury ???
Not that I personally don't think he should be charged with these, but I'm guessing they both would require knowledge that the person was there, which is hard to prove with a wall in between. But how about unsafe storage?

What’s up with the Michael Tate’s in Lynn??

2016 - Michael Tate, 28 of Lynn charged with murder

What’s up with the Michael Tate’s in Lynn??
There are alternatives.
Larry.jpg

d6ed12ebc81fb8e7e4bcfde2514c39b2f7234829

Back
Top Bottom