Nashua NH (NFGA) 2013 High-Power Schedule plus NE Combined

I got the NFGA 2013 Schedule and a good start to the 2013 Northeast Combined posted on the NFGA Highpower page at

http://www.nfga.org/highpower/highpower.html

The NE Combined schedule will be updated as I get match dates from the other clubs.

Questions / Comments, Input, concerns welcome!

I'll be working on the Event Bulletin for the 4/27 CMP Clinic this coming week that will have event as well as sign up contact info.

Looks like another fine season on tap in the Northeast!

George

Question: What is any/any

Brief descriptions to all the matches are at the bottom of the online schedule.

3 X 600 Any / Any: Cost $20.00
Non NRA Approved: No scores will be sent to the NRA for classification for these matches
Any NRA Approved Match, Open or F-Class Rifle that also conforms to NFGA Range Rules
Match 1: 30 Minutes for unlimited sighters and 20 record shots
Match 2: 22 Minutes for 2 sighters and 20 record shots
Match 3: 22 Minutes for 2 sighters and 20 record shots

Are muzzle brakes allowed at any/any matches?

Thanks.
I don't think you'll be turned away at a regular match. Maybe put way down on one end of the line, though. At a State Championship match where there is likely a full line, I'm not sure.

Are muzzle brakes allowed at any/any matches?

Thanks.

Except for the Military Rifle Matches at NFGA our matches are geared toward
"Any NRA Approved Match, Open or F-Class Rifle that also conforms to NFGA Range Rules"

What caliber & rifle did you have in mind to use?

AI AE MK II in 0.308

can it be removed?

from the 2013 NRA HP rule book

3.16.1 Compensators and Muzzle Brakes - The use of compensators or muzzle brakes is prohibited. An
extension tube that has been installed on the muzzle of a rifle to extend the sight radius shall not be considered a
“muzzle brake.” The extension tube must have an interior diameter of .5 inches or greater and may have 1/4” x 1”
slots cut at 12 and 6 o’clock to remove cleaning patches. Threaded holes along the top of this tube for the
installation of sight bases will be allowed.

short answer: no. then again, as mentioned above, if it was a fairly small turnout, and you could be squadded near the end of the line, they might let it fly (you'd be taken out of contention though). muzzle brakes are extremely annoying/disruptive, considering you're usually 3-4feet from the guys on either side of you. i know I hate being beside someone with a loud brake

AI AE MK II in 0.308

That rifle would be acceptable to use at NFGA in any of the prone matches...
BUT... as has been stated by others the muzzle breaks are annoying and distracting to fellow competitors.

If it can be removed as Jasper suggested that would be best.

I would suggest you attend some of the early season Thursday morning 600 yard practices and talk to Bruce Browne. He is the range governor and he runs the Thurday morning 600 yard practices.

Make sure you have a known zero for your rifle before showing up to shoot at NFGA. Even if you only have a 100 or 200 yard zero you will be welcome and people will help you get on paper if needed at 600 yards.

If anyone at any NFGA function has more than a few shots off paper they will be politely asked to cease firing and remove their gear from the line. We can not afford even one round leaving the range over our berm.

On that note if others are wondering.
No 55 or 62 gr ammo is allowed beyond 300 yards. AK47's M4's Daewoo's and rifles like those are welcome in the 200 yard military matches but are not acceptable for any matches that go beyond 300 yards.

The Leveridge range at NFGA is purpose build for NRA / CMP Style Competitions.

We think we put together a very good schedule that os coordinated well with other area clubs and we are looking forward to a great 2013 season. Hopefully the matches we are working to run will be well attended and enjoyed by many.

Last edited:
can anyone show up to these matches and clinics ??

Any / Everyone is welcome to the April 27th Clinic at NFGA.
Spaces are filling up fast so if you or anyone wants to attend now is the time to get in touch with the contact listed and the bulletin to get pre registered.

Bulletin is @ http://www.nfga.org/highpower/pdfs/2013 HIGHPOWER RIFLE CLINIC.pdf

To shoot in the matches you need to have an NRA / CMP legal rifle, the other gear needed and the know how to shoot the match without disrupting the match pace. Equipment and coaching assistance is almost always available to those that ask before showing up on match day.

George

Last edited:
Brief descriptions to all the matches are at the bottom of the online schedule.

3 X 600 Any / Any: Cost $20.00
Non NRA Approved: No scores will be sent to the NRA for classification for these matches
Any NRA Approved Match, Open or F-Class Rifle that also conforms to NFGA Range Rules
Match 1: 30 Minutes for unlimited sighters and 20 record shots
Match 2: 22 Minutes for 2 sighters and 20 record shots
Match 3: 22 Minutes for 2 sighters and 20 record shots

I shoot service rifle.
Do most of the shooters use the gun the shoot the match with?
Or do you guys use a different type for this match?
Bi-pods,scopes etc.
Thanks, Mike

I shoot service rifle.
Do most of the shooters use the gun the shoot the match with?
Or do you guys use a different type for this match?
Bi-pods,scopes etc.
Thanks, Mike

Sorry so slow responding, just saw the post.

It's a mix.
People that are typically Prone only and F-Class shooters are the majority that attend but many of the service and match rifle cross the course shooters will also attend and shoot what they usually shoot.
Some guys that typically mostly shoot service rifle cross the course will break out thier Tubb guns and shoot those.

These are enjoyable matches.
They are good for extra prone practice for service rifle shooters
and it's nice to see how you can do with a service rifle against the other guns.

It's also seperate NRA classification to set goals for.

Any / Everyone is welcome to the April 27th Clinic at NFGA.
Spaces are filling up fast so if you or anyone wants to attend now is the time to get in touch with the contact listed and the bulletin to get pre registered.

Bulletin is @ http://www.nfga.org/highpower/pdfs/2013 HIGHPOWER RIFLE CLINIC.pdf

To shoot in the matches you need to have an NRA / CMP legal rifle, the other gear needed and the know how to shoot the match without disrupting the match pace. Equipment and coaching assistance is almost always available to those that ask before showing up on match day.

George

Can you confirm if pre-registration is confirmed with the applicants? I sent in my check and paperwork a few weeks ago, almost a month, and I have not seen the check get cashed, and when I tried to confirm that the person received the check I have not gotten an e-mail back. I don't want to show up and be turned away because someone missed a step someplace.

I have been in contact with Bob, and sent him the paperwork.

[cerberus];3107008 said:
Can you confirm if pre-registration is confirmed with the applicants? I sent in my check and paperwork a few weeks ago, almost a month, and I have not seen the check get cashed, and when I tried to confirm that the person received the check I have not gotten an e-mail back. I don't want to show up and be turned away because someone missed a step someplace.

Matt,

Bob isn't turning the checks in to the club treasurer to get cashed until the clinic is completed.
I talked to him yesterday and the clinic is now full.

He just got back from a Florida family trip and with over 60 people signed up to attend he has been pretty busy with registrations.

If you respond here or PM me with your full name I can verify that he got your entry and if you are in or not.

George

[cerberus];3107008 said:

Matt,

You're in and all set

Bob received your entry on March 3. CK #174.

See you there

I attended, I had a great time and shot a very good score (370) for not being very well prepared and still slightly under the weather. I did send an e-mail to someone, as there is an error in the scores, the 4th place guy for a 396 if his position scores are accurate.

Matt,

Nice Shooting!

Who did you have for a coach?

Do you plan on continuing shooting Highpower?

George

I really enjoyed the NFGA Clinic as well. My scores were decent until standing - without a shooting coat, my stability was way low. I'm off to Pemi Valley for their HP Clinic tomorrow 11 May and will look to join some NFGA practices.

I only have dope on my Service Rifle at 100yd so far, hopefully at 200yd after tomorrow. I added some lead and picked up a middling shooting coat, glove ad sling.

What practices are the best option to get some guidance on getting dope for 300yd+ without interfering too much with the regular goings on?

I really enjoyed the NFGA Clinic as well. My scores were decent until standing - without a shooting coat, my stability was way low. I'm off to Pemi Valley for their HP Clinic tomorrow 11 May and will look to join some NFGA practices.

I only have dope on my Service Rifle at 100yd so far, hopefully at 200yd after tomorrow. I added some lead and picked up a middling shooting coat, glove ad sling.

What practices are the best option to get some guidance on getting dope for 300yd+ without interfering too much with the regular goings on?

Glad you enjoyed the NFGA Clinic too.
Randy E and his crew do a great Job at Pemi so I'm sure you will find that enjoyable and beneficial as well.

The next best step for matches / practices I would recomend at NFGA is the NH High Power Rifle League Matches (NHHPRL) and the Thursday morning 600 yard practices. Bring at least 69 gr ammo for 600.
(75's or 80's are better at 600.)

In the NHHPRL matches you shoot 200 and 300 yards. You get extra sighters and coaching is allowed.
We then do a free 600 yard practice after.

George

Glad you enjoyed the NFGA Clinic too.
Randy E and his crew do a great Job at Pemi so I'm sure you will find that enjoyable and beneficial as well.

The next best step for matches / practices I would recomend at NFGA is the NH High Power Rifle League Matches (NHHPRL) and the Thursday morning 600 yard practices. Bring at least 69 gr ammo for 600.
(75's or 80's are better at 600.)

In the NHHPRL matches you shoot 200 and 300 yards. You get extra sighters and coaching is allowed.
We then do a free 600 yard practice after. George

Thanks for the advice. I'll look to make some of those matches/practices.

The Pemi/GoHN clinic was somewhat different, but quite fine as well, with targets shot at 100yd under cover due to the rain. With 18 shooters on 9 positions in 2 relays, we had plenty of time to do position/dry-fire practice in the classroom (actually, on the parking lot tarmac), reviewing alternative positions for prone and sitting. We got some classroom lecture on M1, M14 and AR15 operation as well, with maybe 1/2 shooting AR15s and the rest M1s/M14s.

I bumped my score up some 40 points with a glove and 1907 sling (and fine coaching) but the middling shooting coat just didn't fit so I didn't use it.

Fortunately, someone was selling a very-good condition Creedmoor Hardback all-nylon coat with side-zips and mesh vents for about 1/2 current cost and no 3-4 month wait, and it fits perfectly. While I bought it after the clinic, I tried some standing dry-fire at home, and it feels night/day better. Who knows - I might score better!

Back
Top Bottom