National Gun Violence Day - oh lord not this sh*t again

67ray

NES Member
Oooooh 3000 people nationwide!

On Friday June 7, National Gun Violence Awareness Day, we kick off #WearOrange weekend by wearing orange and sharing online. Then, through the weekend we'll come together for community events all around the country.Wear Orange weekend (June 7-9) is already BIG. Nearly 3,000 people have joined more than 600 community events across the country for Wear Orange weekend to make a statement we gather to show that Americans are unified in the effort to end gun violence.
Are you ready to help make this the biggest Wear Orange ever?

The color orange has a long and proud history in the gun violence prevention movement. Whether it's worn by hunters, Moms, or students across the country, orange honors the 100 live cut short and the hundreds more wounded by gun violence EVERY DAY IN AMERICA.

HUH? Hunter orange honors those wounded? Whaaa

Dutch and Afrikaner Pride!

philip_ii_of_spain_berating_william_the_silent_prince_of_orange_by_cornelis_kruseman.jpg

1200px-Flag_of_the_Orange_Free_State.svg.png

Sorry, prior commitment.

My schedule says:
06/07 Fri: TRAVEL to Mass State IDPA
3PM Check in to Courtyard by Marriot; 270 Concord Road; Billerica, MA 01821; 1-978-670-7500

Also kicking off a number of gun buybacks spread out over the next month...

"Watertown Police, Middlesex Sheriff Hosting Gun Buyback Event

The Arlington, Cambridge, Newton and Watertown Police Departments, in conjunction with the Middlesex Sheriff’s Office, Belmont Police Department and local community and faith-based organizations will partner to host the “Safer Homes, Safer Communities” regional gun buyback initiative over four Saturdays next month (June 8-29), officials announced today.

In 2016, a similar regional initiative – in which Arlington, Belmont, Cambridge and Watertown also participated – resulted in 150 unwanted firearms being turned in for destruction.

“We are glad to once again be assisting our law enforcement and community partners in this effort,” said Middlesex Sheriff Peter J. Koutoujian. “Providing residents the opportunity to safely, securely dispose of unwanted firearms makes our homes and our communities safer, by reducing the chance of accidental discharge, self-harm and theft.

The buybacks will be held:

• June 8 in Cambridge from 9 a.m. – 12 Noon at the Reservoir Church (170 Rindge Ave.) and Pentecostal Tabernacle (77 Columbia St.)
  • June 15 in Newton from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at The Second Church (61 Chestnut St.)
  • June 22 in Watertown from 9 a.m. – 12 Noon at the First Parish Church (35 Church St.)
  • June 29 in Arlington from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Department of Public Works (51 Grove St.)

Since 2013, the Middlesex Sheriff’s Office has assisted 11 municipal departments, with 20 total buybacks, resulting in nearly 1,000 unwanted weapons turned in."

Watertown Police, Middlesex Sheriff Hosting Gun Buyback Event

Good - I’ll be thinking about them when I’m dusting clays all morning with what I hope is my new shotgun from a member here. If it’s raining, my HK and others are getting antsy just sitting in the safe.

Also kicking off a number of gun buybacks spread out over the next month...

"Watertown Police, Middlesex Sheriff Hosting Gun Buyback Event

The Arlington, Cambridge, Newton and Watertown Police Departments, in conjunction with the Middlesex Sheriff’s Office, Belmont Police Department and local community and faith-based organizations will partner to host the “Safer Homes, Safer Communities” regional gun buyback initiative over four Saturdays next month (June 8-29), officials announced today.

In 2016, a similar regional initiative – in which Arlington, Belmont, Cambridge and Watertown also participated – resulted in 150 unwanted firearms being turned in for destruction.

“We are glad to once again be assisting our law enforcement and community partners in this effort,” said Middlesex Sheriff Peter J. Koutoujian. “Providing residents the opportunity to safely, securely dispose of unwanted firearms makes our homes and our communities safer, by reducing the chance of accidental discharge, self-harm and theft.

The buybacks will be held:

• June 8 in Cambridge from 9 a.m. – 12 Noon at the Reservoir Church (170 Rindge Ave.) and Pentecostal Tabernacle (77 Columbia St.)
    • June 15 in Newton from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at The Second Church (61 Chestnut St.)
    • June 22 in Watertown from 9 a.m. – 12 Noon at the First Parish Church (35 Church St.)
    • June 29 in Arlington from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Department of Public Works (51 Grove St.)

Since 2013, the Middlesex Sheriff’s Office has assisted 11 municipal departments, with 20 total buybacks, resulting in nearly 1,000 unwanted weapons turned in."

Watertown Police, Middlesex Sheriff Hosting Gun Buyback Event

Would it be rude of me to stand outside of these buyback locations to check out what's being turned in, in case I'd like to offer more for a particular gun than what's being paid inside?

;)

:D

Frank

National Gun Violence Day...

Do I celebrate by being violent? Or, just fire up the BBQ?
You kids and your new-fangled Holidays...

BTW, How to I raise my Flag to 1.5 staff...?
m4_come_take_edited-1_b31eb051-47c1-451e-95a2-cd696472c69f_2000x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom