• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

National Park Service Looking For Hunters To Kill Bison At The Grand Canyon

I read Charles Mann's 1491. Turns out pre-Columbus the # of bison was significantly lower than it was at the time of the Rail of Roads. It was disease that killed off Indians that caused a bison population explosion over the intervening 300 years or so.

This explains a lot. First, it explains why the Indians used the entire buffalo. You wouldn't do that - even if you were decended from Gaia herself - if you had millions of bison. There actually weren't a ton of bison because the Indians would keep hunting them. So they used the entire animal. Nothing went to waste.

So the modern # of bison is lower than historic #'s, but not the crazy disparity between current #'s and the 1850's.

That said - I'm sure some environmental whack-jobs will try and thwart this whole thing. LOL. Because it's Nay-Chur if we have millions of buffalo decimating the Great Plains ecosystem but it's mui-mal if humans butt in to anything at all.
But the same thing could be said of the Indians the over hunted them...vicious cycle in which one side can never be wrong lol

Dat you?

kago-shoi.jpg

Better yet, wait until you get to the meat processor-

AbleClearcutGordonsetter-size_restricted.gif

And don't forget to bring the kids along for some good clean family fun!

tenor.gif
Great parenting instincts, run away and leave your child to defend for themselves. FU mom and dad

But the same thing could be said of the Indians the over hunted them...vicious cycle in which one side can never be wrong lol
Ah Yes!! The so called "Noble" American Indian, NOT!!! They were for the most part Raiders, they were engaged in Slavery, long before the Europeans showed up on this Continent. Just look how they left the "protest area" in regards to the Keystone Pipeline. Has anyone taken a ride through some slums that they call reservations? Cars up on blocks, appliances tossed out in front their trailers. I have lost any care about what they have to say. They are and have been using the divide and Conquer Racism and folks are sucking it right up.

Oh, As far the Coyote issue in Ma$$holechusetts, Good, I hope it gets real bad, That is what the shit heads in that state voted for on the 1996 ballot.

Oh no doubt. LOL. You COULD go that way - but they Indians successfully hunted them for thousands of years with no ill effects.

The buffalo have no apex-predator, save man, above them. Which is why their population exploded after about 1550 or so. 300 years of unabated growth.

And that growth sounds like a wonderful thing to environmentalists. . . . until you realize they decimated entire ecosystems as they trampled into one area, ate it bare and trampled on to the next.

I'm sure the plains Indians struggled with ebb and flow of buffalo herd sizes. Too many "bucks", hunt too many buffalo, less buffalo so people starve in later years, they die, ergo less bucks, so the buffalo population rises. It's not a happy balance. It involves suffering and death on both sides of the equation.

Ah Yes!! The so called "Noble" American Indian, NOT!!! They were for the most part Raiders, they were engaged in Slavery, long before the Europeans showed up on this Continent. Just look how they left the "protest area" in regards to the Keystone Pipeline. Has anyone taken a ride through some slums that they call reservations? Cars up on blocks, appliances tossed out in front their trailers. I have lost any care about what they have to say. They are and have been using the divide and Conquer Racism and folks are sucking it right up.

Oh, As far the Coyote issue in Ma$$holechusetts, Good, I hope it gets real bad, That is what the shit heads in that state voted for on the 1996 ballot.
I mean... that's a lot of hatred for people who generally keep to themselves.

I will say as a country we suck at invading other countries.

Call a spade a spade the Indian wars were an invasion by us into their territory.... generally afterwards the winning side enslaves, exterminates, or integrates the losing side... we did none of that which is kinda responsible for some of their plight today.

I mean... that's a lot of hatred for people who generally keep to themselves.

I will say as a country we suck at invading other countries.

Call a spade a spade the Indian wars were an invasion by us into their territory.... generally afterwards the winning side enslaves, exterminates, or integrates the losing side... we did none of that which is kinda responsible for some of their plight today.
No Hatred, Just fact. Historically, They did not keep to themselves, That is with in their own tribe or nation, they raided, Slaughtered, Enslaved, and took what ever they wanted from neighboring and not so neighboring tribes. I own a piece of property here in Swanzey on The Ashuelot River that was a Squawkeag Fishing Village until the Mohawk raided it and wiped it out. So you really need to study history, other than what you have been Indoctrinated with and Fed.

Last edited:
No Hatred, Just fact. Historically, They did not keep to themselves, That is with in their own tribe or nation, they raided, Slaughtered, Enslaved, and took what ever they wanted from neighboring and not so neighboring tribes. I own a piece of property here in Swanzey on The Ashuelot River that was a Squawkeag Fishing Village until the Mohawk raided it and wiped it out. So you really need to study history, other than what you have been Indoctrinated with and Fed.
Jfc the stupid in that statement makes my brain hurt. So your mad at them because they fought between each other ? Hundreds of years before you were born? That's how I'm reading it.

So right compared to the peaceful nations such as rome....greece...spain...england....france...the mongols....the chinese....and African tribes....all of which throughout history were peaceful nations who never fought, killed or raided each other... I was just those damn Indians.

Rome and Greece literally conquered the known world and you know what was the one common throughout their endeavors was Every place the conquered had warriors...because mankind has always done that shit no matter what race, skin color, religious belief system you belong too. Man hates and wants to kill other man...always has probably always will.

One could make a good argument the Indians were teh reason for the American Revolution. Indians had a freedom that we didn't quite understand as Europeans back 400 years ago. The 5 tribes of upstate NY (It's a long difficult to pronounce name) had a real constitution and such. Everyone was free to go where they wanted even though they had a "king" in each tribe. The king was limited, much like a President. Shocking stuff. Very un-European and VERY similar to our Constitution, but on a smaller scale.

Oh, and they were more of a self-directed commune. If Brave A scored big time and knew Brave B was struggle-busing it, Brave A would help without ever being asked. There were no rich people and poor people. They were in it together. Real commie sort of stuff commingled perfectly with a Constitutional Republic.

One also wonders if the Tea Party members dressed as Indians not to conceal themselves (which was silly since everyone knew who was doing it) but as an homage to the freedom they desired.

That said - I'm sure some environmental whack-jobs will try and thwart this whole thing. LOL. Because it's Nay-Chur if we have millions of buffalo decimating the Great Plains ecosystem but it's mui-mal if humans butt in to anything at all.
I recall reading that, unlike the "great stewards of the land" myth that has grown up, American Indians modified the ecology of the midwest plains via burning to effectively create a massive buffalo grazing zone. I will not, however, certify the validity of the comment.

Jfc the stupid in that statement makes my brain hurt. So your mad at them because they fought between each other ? Hundreds of years before you were born? That's how I'm reading it.

So right compared to the peaceful nations such as rome....greece...spain...england....france...the mongols....the chinese....and African tribes....all of which throughout history were peaceful nations who never fought, killed or raided each other... I was just those damn Indians.

Rome and Greece literally conquered the known world and you know what was the one common throughout their endeavors was Every place the conquered had warriors...because mankind has always done that shit no matter what race, skin color, religious belief system you belong too. Man hates and wants to kill other man...always has probably always will.
Well for your brain to hurt, First you must have one. Your using of demeaning words is just like the rest of the radical left. Just because they are a conquered people, we owe them nothing. Just like all other conquered peoples to victors go the spoils. I have been to Indian reservations out west and you would think that you are in the mountains of West Virginia and Kentucky, Like I said previously, Cars on blocks, appliances tossed out in front of their trailers. They choose to live that way. There is no hate implied here, that is your very vivid imagination.

Last edited:
Well for your brain to hurt, First you must have one. Your using of demeaning words is just like the rest of the radical left. Just because they are a conquered people, we owe them nothing. Just like all other conquered peoples to victors go the spoils. I have been to Indian reservations out west and you would think that you are in the mountains of West Virginia and Kentucky, Like I said previously, Cars on blocks, appliances tossed out in front of their trailers. They choose to live that way. There is no hate implied here, that is your very vivid imagination.
Ok but go to any trailer park you see the same thing lol. You're not articulating a point other than you don't like Indians.

What's the harm of letting them do their thing.

I even said we did a crap job of conquering them earlier in this thread.

Now if your point is take away their protected status sure I agree they lost integrate with the culture.

Your previous point about them being violent so what same thing about them being poor who cares.

I have said nothing about not liking Indians, I have just stated facts. You are the one with the problem and playing the racial arsonist game.

Back
Top Bottom