Naturalized Citizen/LTC

I have a top secret security clearance. My naturalized co-worker has the same top secret security clearance. I know nothing of this discrimination you speak of. The information we have access to is pretty sensitive.

Free Willie,

A significant portion of what I do for a living involves dealing with personnel security. I did not categorically state that all naturalized citizens are denied TS clearances or any clearances. I said may. To deny that some people do not have social prejudice against naturalized citizens (I am not one of these people ) is totally unrealistic and just because you have not experienced that, doesn't mean that others haven't. To some you will always be a hyphenated-American, that is the simple reality no matter how much you try to deny it. I know people who have these prejudices and have articulated them.

The horse is dead, why keep kicking it? God Bless America and all its citizens [iwojima]

I've never seen the type of discrimination you speak of. It's a statement of fact from my perspective and I have been doing this a long time (31 years). I'm not being argumentative or antagonistic. I'm simply speaking from 31 years of personal experience.

Well i finally had my application processed. The Sgt. was pretty cool. He got me out of there in ten minutes and he was very polite. He said he will give me a call once the license is in....i was pretty encouraged and i can't wait to get that phone call.
My town is green so i am hoping for an A with no restrictions.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I get what Mark is saying. My wife's uncle is a naturalized US Citizen formerly of Brazil, and he's definitely faced discrimination, subtle as it may be, and letting people know he's a citizen didn't seem to change the looks. I think many look upon naturalized citizens with suspicion, but I don't think its roots are much different from the discrimination most immigrants have faced since the Know-Nothings of the 1850's.

The sad part is I hold Naturalized Citizens in the highest regard, and few things make me prouder of my country when in recall the lengths some will go to share in the rights and privileges of citizenship I was fortunate enough to be given as a right of birth. Some of the most beautiful and most honest words about America were written by those that have a previous country with which to contrast it with and, as a result, don't genally take American freedoms for granted as much as natural-born Americans do.

The sad part is I hold Naturalized Citizens in the highest regard, and few things make me prouder of my country when in recall the lengths some will go to share in the rights and privileges of citizenship I was fortunate enough to be given as a right of birth. Some of the most beautiful and most honest words about America were written by those that have a previous country with which to contrast it with and, as a result, don't genally take American freedoms for granted as much as natural-born Americans do.

Agree 200%!

Very well said.

G-Lo: I think you mentioned you found your Naturalization Papers but for any one else looking at this I was able to apply no problem with a copy of my passport. I emailed Boston (Group that approves/denies LTC's) and asked them about it and they said passport should be fine. I went into local PD and handed them a copy of that email and a copy of my passport no problems.

Last edited:
I automatically became a US citizen at 12 when my parents got their citizenships. I don't think I have any papers? I didn't put anything in that part of the application either. I brought my passport just in case but the person processing my application did not need it.

Thanks for the info. I thought the same, but I'm glad you verified that with the authorities. it's not cheap to get another naturalization certificate if needed. ($345).

G-Lo: I think you mentioned you found your Naturalization Papers but for any one else looking at this I was able to apply no problem with a copy of my passport. I emailed Boston (Group that approves/denies LTC's) and asked them about it and they said passport should be fine. I went into local PD and handed them a copy of that email and a copy of my passport no problems.

absolutely! You measure things by contrast and having knowledge of living in two places, there is no sweeter feeling. Not only that, but reading papers from the old country about poor old man who built a pistol and got 5 years in prison, I am constantly reminded how good I have it here.

sevenMMmag: Same situation here! That is why I ended up emailing them before trying the whole process and having them ask for a paper I never had.

I was wondering if anyone here is a naturalized U.S. Citizen and applied for an LTC. I have been a proud one for about 20 years.

On the online app. for the class A LTC I downloaded they ask for naturalization papers. Just wondering why a passport wouldn't suffice.

Curious if anyone else here has encountered the same situation.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I am naturalized.

I got my papers and 30min I was filling out the application [smile]

Before that, I had an Alien permit. Because I already had an FID issued by the State police, I filled out the application as a "Renewal" (I asked the PD first to be certain). 5 weeks later I had my class A LTC with NO RESTRICTIONS.

They ask for the paper, because its the same as your birth certificarte. Just make a copy and give it to your PD, its not a big deal.

I am so glad I dont have to go to the CHSB anymore and deal with that dude Cosmos in his small crappy office with no windows, although I did meet a few pissed off NES members from CT that were waiting to renew their out of state license.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom