Navy Seal killed in Ukraine…

I’m not buying it. We’re not talking about US units. Ukraine has lost tens of thousands of troops and equipment. The pictures of most Ukrainian troops earlier in the conflict had them severely under equipped: AK’s with no optics, maybe 1 in 10 with a civilian squad-level radio. Unmatched u informs with different camo patterns, etc.

Everyone in that pic has matching camo, decent optics (except the SEAL), silencers and nvds, etc. Add in the CZ Brens, what caliber do you think they are? Since when did the Ukrainian forces have the supply chain and stockpiles to field units of NATO 5.56?

Just seems off to me. The other pics of former US military that volunteered, they all had AK variants. This is the first time I have seen an entire team with a 5.56 platform, and it just happens to include a SEAL who was AWOL? I’m calling it: CIA
The original CZ Bren is in 7.62x39.

I love how were still in this phase of reality where "SF" people agree to take photos of their faces but then people still feel the urge to conceal their identity.

They posed for a f***ing photo. [rofl]

Do people still keep photo albums and scrap books? Who knows what their motivation is for posing in their ranger panties and nods

This is an interesting tidbit.

And so is this.

I've never been clear on the line between "AWOL" and "deserter." I do know that UCMJ punishes people much more severely for AWOL in conjunction with a missed unit movement, but it's not often you hear the word "deserter" thrown around anymore.
I Could be wrong but i thought awol was like met a stripper and ran down to mexico kinda stuff

Where a deserter was some walking out in an active war zone al a bergahdal

Regardless of why or how he's there, it's a bad look. The good thing is our state department is on top of things, I'm sure this will be a nothing burger.

I’ve only seen them in 5.56 and those mags in the pic look like 5.56. Can you tell by the pic? In order to get 30 rounds of 7.62, the mags usually have more pronounced curvature
I don’t know how much curvature 20 round mags of Russian 30 cal need. I didn’t say it was 7.62x39, I just mentioned that the Bren is sold in that caliber, so it could have been. Or maybe not.

The A10 has been obsolete for near peer warfare for decades, which is part of why some people keep trying to scrap them.

It was a stroke of fate that they found a second life in the GWOT.

We have absolutely no business in Eastern Europe though. Why does the US need to teach Ukraine about buttsex?

Wow, from A10 to buttsex in four sentences. That reminds me of an old joke about a guy undergoing a psych eval.

The doc shows him a green triangle and asks what are you thinking about when you see this picture? The guy says about sex.
Red square? About sex.
Yellow circle? About sex.

The doc asks him how come you're thinking about sex when I'm showing you all this pics? The guy says I'm always thinking about it.

Wow, from A10 to buttsex in four sentences. That reminds me of an old joke about a guy undergoing a psych eval.

The doc shows him a green triangle and asks what are you thinking about when you see this picture? The guy says about sex.
Red square? About sex.
Yellow circle? About sex.

The doc asks him how come you're thinking about sex when I'm showing you all this pics? The guy says I'm always thinking about it.

Hes right though. America is the new tool and enforcement for globofaggojudaeism, corporate interest, and political power.

Ill never pick up a rifle for this country again.

I’ve only seen them in 5.56 and those mags in the pic look like 5.56. Can you tell by the pic? In order to get 30 rounds of 7.62, the mags usually have more pronounced curvature

the bren 2 takes a standard AR mag or a standard AK mag in respective calibers.

that said, those look like 556 mags to me

Hes right though. America is the new tool and enforcement for globofaggojudaeism, corporate interest, and political power.

Ill never pick up a rifle for this country again.
I'd pick up a rifle to defend my state. There's some bad shit and I'm not happy with the direction of politics, but the alternative of other nations is way worse.

Yes.

You don't use A10s in nonpermissive airspace.
Correct, we would dominate the sky's first and then use the A-10's as flying tanks to destroy Russian armor and infantry. Russia doe does not have air superiority in the Ukraine as evidenced by their reluctance to fly their jets on combat missions. We bait the Russians into firing their S-300's and 400's and then we take them out with long range HIMARS rockets and artillery. Seems like the Ukrainians have mastered the art of using drone's for recon and offensive ops so they would be a factor in identifying the missile batteries. If we took out a few Russian S-300/400 batteries Putin would withdraw them in a heartbeat so he could save what is left of his AA batteries.

Correct, we would dominate the sky's first and then use the A-10's as flying tanks to destroy Russian armor and infantry. Russia doe does not have air superiority in the Ukraine as evidenced by their reluctance to fly their jets on combat missions. We bait the Russians into firing their S-300's and 400's and then we take them out with long range HIMARS rockets and artillery. Seems like the Ukrainians have mastered the art of using drone's for recon and offensive ops so they would be a factor in identifying the missile batteries. If we took out a few Russian S-300/400 batteries Putin would withdraw them in a heartbeat so he could save what is left of his AA batteries.
...who's this "we" you're talking about, kemosabe?

...who's this "we" you're talking about, kemosabe?
If we, the West, give the Ukrainians the means to establish Air Superiority then send in the A-10's. Dementia Joe and the gutless JCOS have not supplied the Ukrainians with the long range artillery rockets for the HIMARS out of fear the Ukraine will take out targets in Russia. Since Putin is launching cruise missiles from Mother Russia they should be in play. Blinky should tell Lavrov that the gloves are coming off if Putin keeps targeting Ukrainian infrastructure such as power plants and civilian apartment buildings. War is hell but winning solves everything. Ukraine needs to be armed and prepared for a massive spring offensive to counter the expected Russian push, if not the Western Aid will crumble and the Western Euroweenies, led by the Germans, will start to cut off aid and seek "peace" with Putin which means ceding Ukrainian territory to Putin. He wins, Ukraine loses and the gutless Germans go back into denial and hibernation.

Those are both wheeled firing systems.

By the time the Call for (counter battery) Fire comes in, the time it takes to compute the firing data, clear/deconflict the air space, and the time of flight for the ordnance is completed, that equipment would displace and be on the road long enough to be far beyond the kill/casualty radius of the incoming munitions.

It would be more prudent to target and destroy them before they fired, or follow them (via drone as you mentioned) until they stopped; preferably while they were rearming/refueling - "HE/WP in Effect!!!"

Those are both wheeled firing systems.

By the time the Call for (counter battery) Fire comes in, the time it takes to compute the firing data, clear/deconflict the air space, and the time of flight for the ordnance is completed, that equipment would displace and be on the road long enough to be far beyond the kill/casualty radius of the incoming munitions.

It would be more prudent to target and destroy them before they fired, or follow them (via drone as you mentioned) until they stopped; preferably while they were rearming/refueling - "HE/WP in Effect!!!"
Good point and you are correct.
Were you an FO?

Am I the only one happy that commies are killing commies?

I so vividly remember in Basic. "Would you kill a commie for Mommy?" Well, you can guess the answer. Never got the chance, now my body is busted

Am I the only one happy that commies are killing commies?

I so vividly remember in Basic. "Would you kill a commie for Mommy?" Well, you can guess the answer. Never got the chance, now my body is busted
Ukrainians aren't Commie Bastards, they're Western, freedom loving Capitalists. They threw out their last Putin backed President in 2015 I believe, and he fled back to Russia.

Considering the policies going in Ukraine. You would not think so
Still plenty of Russian commie sympathizers in Country especially with the older folks but younger Ukrainians know the West is where it's at. They like nice stuff and freedom, everything Putin and his Oligarch's hate. Putin should be sweating it now, his rich, corrupt buddies are getting nervous. With Western Sanctions biting them their world has changed because of Putin's "miscalculation".

If we, the West, give the Ukrainians the means to establish Air Superiority then send in the A-10's.
There is no way we could give Ukraine the means to establish air superiority. We would need to give them the ability to defeat the largest And best equipped air defense system in the world, while also being able to defeat one of the largest air forces in the world. That would take hundreds of fighter aircraft able to take on the SU-27/30/35, which is a formidable aircraft. It would also require teaching the Ukrainians anti-SAM “wild weasel” tactics. It is a complete non-starter.

This is an interesting tidbit.

And so is this.

I've never been clear on the line between "AWOL" and "deserter." I do know that UCMJ punishes people much more severely for AWOL in conjunction with a missed unit movement, but it's not often you hear the word "deserter" thrown around anymore.
Unless something changed, AWOL (Absent Without Leave) is simply that, you're missing without being accounted for. Once AWOL, after 30 days you are labeled a deserter.

I know that you know what the acronyms mean and all, not dumbing it down but someone might not know.

I know that you know what the acronyms mean and all, not dumbing it down but someone might not know.

Actually, no! I'd forgotten about the 30-day thing.

AWOLs were not rare in my unit, but desertions were.

There is no way we could give Ukraine the means to establish air superiority. We would need to give them the ability to defeat the largest And best equipped air defense system in the world, while also being able to defeat one of the largest air forces in the world. That would take hundreds of fighter aircraft able to take on the SU-27/30/35, which is a formidable aircraft. It would also require teaching the Ukrainians anti-SAM “wild weasel” tactics. It is a complete non-starter.
Hmm, I'm not so sure, the Russians haven't gained air superiority over the Ukraine which has stunned Western Military officials so I think the West overestimated their abilities. If we gave the Ukrainians, the ability to track and destroy the S-300/400's and other wheeled AA batteries it might allow the A-10's to accomplish their missions. Remember the BUK missile system that took down the airliner in 2014, that would be a target of opportunity and easily destroyed I believe. Remember the A-10 was designed to defeat Soviet Armor if the balloon went up in Europe back in the day. If they flew nap of the earth to and from the objective, they might be effective. Since I'm not an expert and don't have the clearance anymore to get the facts I'm just speculating but it would be a good threat to use against Putin.

Think back to the first Gulf War. Iraq had a formidable air defense network but a not very credible Air Force. The US still spent around two months to achieve air dominance, and we had hundreds of fighters including stealth fighters which hit radar installations.

Russia has a more dominant air defense network than Iraq, with better missile systems. Russia has hundreds of high quality fighters.

Could the U.S. gain pair dominance against Russia? Yes, I think so. But Ukraine with 50 old MiG 29s with semi-active radar guided missiles? No, they’ve got no chance.

Back
Top Bottom