Navy SEALs chose Glock 19 as their new sidearm

In my mind the credibility of the SEALS just went down two notches. FFS they need something more like HK not the classless, style-less and tool of the plebians.

IKR! I mean, if I were a Taliban terrorist, I'd be awful pissed if I got kilt by a G19 than a fabled Mark 23. You might as well shoot me with a Taurus or a Hi-Point for that matter. I want to be deaded only by the most pretentiou. . . er, prestigious firearms.

IKR! I mean, if I were a Taliban terrorist, I'd be awful pissed if I got kilt by a G19 than a fabled Mark 23. You might as well shoot me with a Taurus or a Hi-Point for that matter. I want to be deaded only by the most pretentiou. . . er, prestigious firearms.

G19, Mark 23....they're still both European plastic.

They should be so lucky to get shot by a 1911

Yeah, but pragmatism be damned. It's a Glock, it's a 9mm, and a small one at that! The larpers' union must lobby for these-

Mark23SuppressedLeft.jpg
Make fun of me all you want. If I had the money to spare, I'd buy a Mark23 with a can in a heartbeat.

Make fun of me all you want. If I had the money to spare, I'd buy a Mark23 with a can in a heartbeat.

Don't get me wrong- I'd love to have one too, especially with a can. I'd be all over that next time I have to investigate Mrs. Mountain's "What was that noise downstairs?" call to action. Wouldn't even bother to put on a pair of boxers- total commando.

Kidding aside, the Mk 23 is a favorite on my someday list. I'm just poking fun that the G19 is about as plain vanilla as they get and not exactly what comes to mind for Special Ops hardware. Maybe Glock will melt in a trident or something and sell it in a gift set with a Luminox watch.

Back
Top Bottom