• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ND Musket, what’s his NES name?

There is a whole lot of WTF in this story.
One, they are not supposed to even have musket balls on them.
Two , you don't "Accidently" load a musket ball.
No kidding. Seems fishy to me.

Wonder if he was charged with firing in a compact area?

I'll bet it went off accidentally. Right after someone accidentally measured out some powder and accidentally poured it down the barrel and accidentally placed a patch over the muzzle and accidentally used a ball starter to accidentally start a ball and then accidentally rammed the ball down the barrel and then accidentally placed a percussion cap on the nipple and then accidentally cocked the hammer and then accidentally pulled the trigger.

Should be a flintlock, not a percussion, if it's for Patriots' Day.

I wonder if a Baldwin was the technical advisor.

Too soon? Nah.
No, not too soon and it was Alec Baldwin.

If SNL had some balls, they would get Trump to do skit as Alec Baldwin in Rust. That would be up there with the final episode of Newhart.

There is a whole lot of WTF in this story.
One, they are not supposed to even have musket balls on them.
Two , you don't "Accidently" load a musket ball.
You hunt black powder season with it, don't clear it at the end of the day, then go home for a nice bowl of steaming hot tag soup.

This is fishy as hell.

I know that re enactors are not even allowed to point the muskets at people during demonstrations now. Beem that way for years. If they are re enacting a battle they aim to the side away from the "opposing force" in case there is a debris in the bore they don't send a projo at people.

I'm with the other comment that it was a personally owned musket that had a charge and ball in it from a range trip or hunting. But.....why was it primed and tested inside. I've fired a cap thru my muzzle loader in my basement once to make sure the flash hole was clear before charging it for a hunting trip. That was a mistake......was way louder than I thought it would be......made my ears ring and the wife came flying down the basement stairs she thought I shot an actual round off in the basement at 4am 😂😂😂

Mrs whacko was NOT happy.

I saw this. What the actual f***? Why in the heck would you prime the pan indoors? Someone needs to take that moron out behind the woodshed and give him some percussive retraining.

The rule with black powder guns is you don’t load the priming pan or put a primer on the nipple unless you are in a location where you are ready to shoot. And if you are a re-enactor why the f*** do you even HAVE a ball?

I'll bet it went off accidentally. Right after someone accidentally measured out some powder and accidentally poured it down the barrel and accidentally placed a patch over the muzzle and accidentally used a ball starter to accidentally start a ball and then accidentally rammed the ball down the barrel and then accidentally placed a percussion cap on the nipple and then accidentally cocked the hammer and then accidentally pulled the trigger.
The gun just went off!!

I saw this. What the actual f***? Why in the heck would you prime the pan indoors? Someone needs to take that moron out behind the woodshed and give him some percussive retraining.

The rule with black powder guns is you don’t load the priming pan or put a primer on the nipple unless you are in a location where you are ready to shoot. And if you are a re-enactor why the f*** do you even HAVE a ball?
Because you accidently shot the other one off? 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom