• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Near-Fest Oct 15 & 16, 2021 - COVID Rules

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Mike posted the following on the Near-Fest forum yesterday (Sept. 24, 2021). Also there is not even a link to any forums that they plan on running (or not).

NEAR-Fest XXX Health & Safety Guidelines [Quoted verbatim. Bolding is mine.]

NEAR-Fest XXX Health & Safety Guidelines

« on: Yesterday at 12:22:37 PM »

NEAR-Fest XXX Health and Safety Guidelines

As we get ready to resume the hamfest this Fall that we have all missed so much for two years it is obvious that there are some fundamental precautions we must recommend in order to be in full compliance with all CDC, State and Town Departments of Public Health guidelines. We do not want to wear out our welcome. NEAR-FEST IS SAFE FOR ALL is our motto!

First of all, if you have not yet been vaccinated we are requesting that you either get vaccinated now or stay home. This is for your protection more than anything.

We are not going to require that attendees wear masks unless the State if New Hampshire mandates it. However, we do have recommendations:

1: Please bring your masks as NEAR-Fest will not be providing them. We are requesting that everyone wear their mask while inside the commercial buildings, while attending forums and when at the exam session.

2: We are requesting that all attendees wear a mask when buying or presenting your admission ticket or otherwise interacting with any of our staff members. We are committed to keeping everyone safe and this is part of this commitment.

3: The use of hand sanitizer is advised after handling any items in the flea market and commercial buildings. Do not rely on flea market or commercial vendors to have hand sanitizer available for your use although they may so so if they wish. Please bring your own and use it often.

Additionally, we ask that all attendees attempt to maintain a distance of six feet or two metres from others as much as possible and avoid crowding others at flea market and commercial vendor tables.

We appreciate your cooperation which is particularly important because we want to continue the hamfest while assuring the community that we pose no health threat with our presence.

NEAR-FEST IS SAFE FOR ALL!

Stay well!

MisterMike, W1RC, and the
entire NEAR-Fest gang....

NEAR-Fest-XXX-Gate-Handout-FINAL-e1633916562979.jpg

Hand sanitizer? Is he aware some of those hams will catch fire if they touch that?
(You're thinking of Holy Water).

Interesting. The fairgrounds have no cell/internet that was obvious, so we'll see.

At any rate, I've seen 3 of the presentations before and only "Troubleshooting Stuff" might be of interest, depending on what they really will talk about.

I'm not going there regardless, not dealing with face diapers outdoors anywhere!

Hand sanitizer? Is he aware some of those hams will catch fire if they touch that?
Ironically, I was able to ascertain at this year's NEAR-Fest
that I was not currently suffering from teh coronavirus...
...because I smelled smells I haven't smelled before.

I literally had to go through a checklist several times on the two days:
  1. Who shit my pants?
  2. Did I step in something?
  3. Am I downwind from a rest room?
  4. Am I downhill from a rest room?
  5. Is it the guy standing next to me?
Normally it was #5,
with a #3 mixed in once or twice.

I went Friday and it was the best attendance I recall and- sales were up - my buddies' with tables proclaiming success with asking prices.

No one wore a mask. I do not recall seeing one... Within the buildings. none.. however; I didn't go to the forum bldg - that is likely where the mask shined.

It was #5 for me AHM, but we all enjoyed the Polish Platter from the serving booth. That platter's half-life is near certain to initiate a #1-5 ☝️ .

UJay

I went Friday and it was the best attendance I recall ...
I thought I heard Mr. Mike claim at the prize drawing
that it was the best attendance ever for NEAR-Fest -
figures unrivaled since Hosstraders.

... No one wore a mask. I do not recall seeing one... Within the buildings. none..
Yep, saw vanishingly few; even few (if any) indoor vendors.

... however; I didn't go to the forum bldg - that is likely where the mask shined.
Roger that.

It was #5 for me AHM, but we all enjoyed the Polish Platter from the serving booth. That platter's half-life is near certain to initiate a #1-5 ☝️ .
Pastarama Polish Kitchen;
I should see if they'll sell bowls of Polish Neapolitan ice cream.

Back
Top Bottom