• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need a Ar-15 barrel

Building a new AR-15. Need some barrel options. Everywhere I go its still sold out. Any help would be appriciated. Currently got my eyes on a Spikes Tactical FN 16in 1/7 twist. Thanks!

i heard ice arms makes some good stuff[troll]
Ice arms sells green mountain barrels. Got me one, 18 inch match, for a reasonable price. They're just the middlemen in this case. SPR barrels in stainless, medium profile 1 in 7 match quality, are scarce.

Ice arms sells green mountain barrels. Got me one, 18 inch match, for a reasonable price. They're just the middlemen in this case. SPR barrels in stainless, medium profile 1 in 7 match quality, are scarce.

Good to know. I know they got a bad rap with the BCGs, especially after Neil's thread, but I would guess that the guy isn't manufacturing anything out of his condo/apt. Most likely he found some manufacturer to supply the BCG parts to him, and at most he (tried) to assemble and stake them, but obviously failed to do it properly. It's too bad that he screwed up on those BCGs because that could cost him his rep, and ultimately another source for our community.

Thanks guys! Ill be sure to check them out. I'm looking at Stag barrels right now $150 doesn't seem bad. 1/9 twist. Wonder how they hold up?

Call Green Mountain directly.

I just ordered a 10.5" barrel for my AR pistol build, and it will be here today. (5.56 NATO 1:7 chrome lined)

**** ice arms.

Thanks Tom checking them out now......

- - - Updated - - -

I mean Neil....haha

[wink]

Some things they have over the phone, that are not listed on their website. They don't typically sell 10.5" barrels. But I called and asked, and they just happened to have some left over from a contract they just did for another company. So they sold me one for $113.

They were really great to deal with. I'll also be ordering a 20" from them soon.

Bravo Company makes good stuff too. Are you looking for a stripped barrel or something a little further down the assembly line?

Building a new AR-15. Need some barrel options. Everywhere I go its still sold out. Any help would be appriciated. Currently got my eyes on a Spikes Tactical FN 16in 1/7 twist. Thanks!

Daniel Defense makes great reasonably priced barrels. I have two of them and they are high quality.

I would recommend that you avoid DPMS barrels. I bought two 223 barrels from them and both had rough chambers. After about 300 rounds the cases would stick in the chamber to the point that the extractor would actually tear a piece of the rim off. The problem was solved by polishing the chamber, a simple but time consuming process.

I would recommend that you avoid DPMS barrels. I bought two 223 barrels from them and both had rough chambers. After about 300 rounds the cases would stick in the chamber to the point that the extractor would actually tear a piece of the rim off. The problem was solved by polishing the chamber, a simple but time consuming process.

My Mistake. I meant to say that after 30 rounds (after the barrel heated up) the cases would stick in the chamber. A real PITA.

Thanks everyone for your input...Ive decided to go with 16inch GM 1/7 barrel. Called them yesterday and he ask me to call back friday to check availability on a specific one. thanks again!

You won't be disappointed with Green Mountain.

I got mine yesterday, and the finish and quality are awesome.

I can't wait to assemble it and shoot it.

Jfc coldayinhell I give you the tip about gm now half of nes is buying them . If there sold out of the barrel I was gonna buy my bro for Xmas I'm blaming you ...... Jk
Hurry up and buy the rest of the parts so I can show you how to assemble that thing.

Back
Top Bottom