• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need a good gunsmith

I need a hammer fabricated from one that is broken into three pieces. I need it fabricated because I can't find a replacement hammer anywhere - it's for an Astra Constable.

Any suggestions on a good place to go? I live in Canton.

Thanks.

I doubt that they can re-construct it, but they might know where one can be found (or have one kicking around).

The following 3 gunsmiths should be called and asked if they can obtain one for you.

Greg Derr - Marshfield
Mike Larocca - Worcester
Dave Santurri - N. Attleboro

Though a smith may be able to weld and grind the part back into shape, as an alternative, try calling some gun shops. They may have a lead to get the part.

(Numrich, Bobs Gun Parts cant help?)

Last edited:
How different is the hammer from the PPK/S? Could the PPK/S hammer be machined to fit?

I don't know why you'd even have a gunsmith fix a pistol that gets about $200 on the secondary market. Get a PPK/S or a Mauser HsC instead.

His number is 508-880-2858. He just did a triiger job on my Remington 700 and I love it. Got it back in less than 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom