• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need a gunsmith recommendation for Northshore

Was attempting to install a match spring set on my vp9. All went smooth until the reassembly and now I got 2 random parts that I don't know how it got out and can't place it back. In addition the metal wire disconnected from the trigger bar. Will need a gunsmith to do some CPR on my vp9. I'm in the Malden area so any recommendations for a northshore gunsmith would be great. Thanks

in a pinch, sometimes youtube can be your friend. you never know....

but, the only place i go is business end customs in salem, ma...i think he's located. lou may help you if he's not tied up too bad. i'm not sure if he just works on 1911's now, give him a call.

Northeast Arms in Peabody on route 1 near the Cabaret.

I did the walk of shame with a ziploc bag full of parts there once myself.

Last edited:
in a pinch, sometimes youtube can be your friend. you never know....

but, the only place i go is business end customs in salem, ma...i think he's located. lou may help you if he's not tied up too bad. i'm not sure if he just works on 1911's now, give him a call.

Lou is in Peabody.

But as others have suggested, I'd bring it to Steve at Northeast Arms in Peabody.

I once called Northeast asking to help fixing Ruger Mkiii, which I disassembled. The gunsmith told me they do not fix or accept disassembled guns. I thought I did not get him right, but he repeated the same thing twice and was rude. A bizarre experience. I have not contacted them again since. I would recommend David Santurri for all gunsmithing.

Last edited:
I once called Northeast asking to help fixing Ruger Mkiii, which I disassembled. The gunsmith told me they do not fix or accept disassembled guns. I thought I did not get him right, but he repeated the same thing twice and was rude. I have not contacted them again since. I would recommend David Santurri for all gunsmithing.

You sure it wasn't North Shore Firearms? [lol]

Was attempting to install a match spring set on my vp9. All went smooth until the reassembly and now I got 2 random parts that I don't know how it got out and can't place it back. In addition the metal wire disconnected from the trigger bar. Will need a gunsmith to do some CPR on my vp9. I'm in the Malden area so any recommendations for a northshore gunsmith would be great. Thanks
Well, if you have parts left over, they are probably just spares. You can just throw them away. I'm sure it would be fine. [smile][smile][smile]

I third or fourth Northeast arms in Peabody, but BEC can help you out.

Before you spend a fortune on having someone else reassemble the handgun for you, watch some YouTube videos about detail stripping the gun and look for a schematic. You'll be a lot more satisfied with yourself if you fix your own problem. I'm posting a link to a detail strip video below.

[video=youtube_share;oUfhIjSgbyw]http://youtu.be/oUfhIjSgbyw[/video]

That would be my guess. [grenade]

Nope, it was Northeast in Peabody, not North Shore in Middleton. I went to Northeast in Peabody in person a few months after they opened and asked the owner about gunsmithing my new Colt. He said they did not work on Guns a that are not MA compliant, or they would be in trouble. I thought WTF and left. Another strike was withe Mkiii. They are totally out for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, if you have parts left over, they are probably just spares. You can just throw them away. I'm sure it would be fine. [smile][smile][smile]

I third or fourth Northeast arms in Peabody, but BEC can help you out.

Before you spend a fortune on having someone else reassemble the handgun for you, watch some YouTube videos about detail stripping the gun and look for a schematic. You'll be a lot more satisfied with yourself if you fix your own problem. I'm posting a link to a detail strip video below.

[video=youtube_share;oUfhIjSgbyw]http://youtu.be/oUfhIjSgbyw[/video]

That was the video I followed during my install. a part and a spring fell out that had nothing to do with the install that I have no idea how to reassemble it either. In the process of figuring it out the metal wire that was attached to the trigger bar separated. So instead of continuing this path I have to throw in the towel and get professional help.

Last edited:
Nope, it was Northeast in Peabody, not North Shore in Middleton. I went to Northeast in Peabody in person a few months after they opened and asked the owner about gunsmithing my new Colt. He said they did not work on Guns a that are not MA compliant, or they would be in trouble. I thought WTF and left. Another strike was withe Mkiii. They are totally out for me.

That REALLY does not sound like Steve.

Shrug.

Where'd you buy it? Tuck your tail between your legs and bring it there. Any decent shop will be happy to help you out. I know this because it happened to me. Lol shout out to Gartman arms for helping me strip and reassemble my first 1911.

Definitely doesn't sound like Northeast Arms. Steve installed new sights on my Coonan 357 mag 1911 which is not MA compliant so I'm not sure why you got that response....

Another vote for Northeast Firearms in Peabody. Last month I had them thread my AR barrel and add a comp. They have a wide selection of ammo and accessories. I'm sure they could assist with your VP9.

The key word here is when they first opened, there was a second partner at the time who had no interest in fixing guns, he is long gone and things are different than 3 years ago.

We accept everything and anything within our scope of experience, just last week we took in a VP9 in two baggies with the same exact problem, customer upgrading springs and couldn't put it back together, we also customize dozens of Colt 1911's as 1911's are one of our specialty. about the only thing we don't touch is black powder firearms

I honestly cant even begin to tell you how many "zip lock baggie" guns we take in

Made a call to northeast. Will make the trip this afternoon. Got to get my zip lock bag ready [sad2] Thanks for the help from everyone

Headover to Northeast Arms, drop the gun and parts off and walk on over to the Cab for a Steak and cheese and a dance.

That place serves food? Wouldn't it be worth turning around down the road and going to the Banana?

NE arms, thread should be ended.

Back
Top Bottom