Need a Safe?

Dicks is having a sale Friday.

The Stackon 24 gun fire safe can be bought for $399 (after mail in rebate). That's a deal!
http://dickssportinggoods.shoplocal.com/DSG/default.aspx?action=nuep& Put in your zip code, click on the early bird flier and the coupon is on the front page. It's only available from 5am-2pm.

If you were on the fence, now's the time to pull the trigger on a safe.

ETA: The statute is C. 64H § 6(rr).

Interesting.
I didn't know that so many things were exempt from sales tax here in Mass.
Among them are barges over 50 tons, aircraft, caskets, livestock and hardware related to solar and wind power generation

Here's the part that concerns us:
(rr) Sales of commercial gun safes and trigger lock devices.

I think the wording of this is not concise enough and open to interpretation.
Specifically the word commercial could be misconstrued to mean a commercial application, such as in a place of business.

Scriv, any thoughts here?

When I bought mine, they brought it out to the curb but it took myself, my father, and the store employee to tip and slide it into the back of the truck.

They took mine to the truck on a 2 wheeler. The guy was nice and helped me slide it into the back of the truck.

If you need help rich, I'm sure some NES'rs in the area will help you. If you get it in the south shore I'll help ya.

That sales tax info was news to me. I'm going to look for my receipt and see if they charged me, If so I'll be heading there for an adjustment, that and some buy 1 get one 50% ammo.

I think there was an ad that all Remington was 20% also.

When I was part time at Dicks, I would help put it into your car. Ask...

And a safe like this would be good for ammo or something.

I have a new safe being delivered on Tuesday...no tax on that one. But it's quite a bit more than 400 bucks.

I think the wording of this is not concise enough and open to interpretation.
Specifically the word commercial could be misconstrued to mean a commercial application, such as in a place of business.

As I said, this was all thoroughly discussed already. Just waiting for somebody to find the thread [grin]

Jdubois,

I checked the link that you originally posted and scrolled down to rr (thanks by the way!)

Section 6. The following sales and the gross receipts therefrom shall be exempt from the tax imposed by this chapter:--
(rr) Sales of commercial gun safes and trigger lock devices

I don't need to look any further, this is pretty clear to me. Once again, thanks for the helpful info, I still owe you a beer ;)

Happy Thanksgiving.

that is interesting to know about the safes and sales tax, thanks!

sucks about the six box limit, IIRC their 3 box limit on "popular" calibers is still in effect, too.

Back
Top Bottom