Need advice about reloading supplies

Just want to get everyones opinion that cares to give it.

I ordered some reloading stuff and received it in the mail. When I went to pick it up, it was very heavy and the USPS clerk asked jokingly exactly what it was. I lied and said "no that's not it. Hahaha!" Thankfully the return address was very inconspicuous and did not reveal anything to what the contents of the package might be.

My concern is; should I be worried the next time I order something and it ships to my PO box? Can the USPS clerk make waves if he thinks/feels something might not be right? [tinfoil]

StevensMarksman

i've shipped bullets and when the clerk asked what was so heavy i told her it was my mother in law's fruit cake. she laughed and forgot all about it

I ordered some reloading stuff and received it in the mail. When I went to pick it up, it was very heavy and the USPS clerk asked jokingly exactly what it was. I lied and said "no that's not it. Hahaha!" Thankfully the return address was very inconspicuous and did not reveal anything to what the contents of the package might be.

My concern is; should I be worried the next time I order something and it ships to my PO box? Can the USPS clerk make waves if he thinks/feels something might not be right? [tinfoil]

StevensMarksman

Did I just read that right, did you tell her to send the package back to sender?! I would have just given her some snide remark like "box of gold bars" or something similar....

StevensMarksman

There are no "waves" to be made. I'm well known at the local PO for getting flat rate boxes full of bullets. [laugh]

-Mike

Why would receiving a perfectly legal to buy product in the mail cause issues for any one? If anyone in the PO gave you shit you should want to talk to the postmaster and straighten their ass out pronto. I doubt most of the peole in the post office would give a shit anyway.

I did have an interesting interaction at a fedex depot when shipping a glock to the factory once but it ended just fine. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Why would receiving a perfectly legal to buy product in the mail cause issues for any one? If anyone in the PO gave you shit you should want to talk to the postmaster and straighten their ass out pronto. I doubt most of the peole in the post office would give a shit anyway.

I did have an interesting interaction at a fedex depot when shipping a glock to the factory once but it ended just fine. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
Lol! I hear ya. No, I'm not worried about me. I'm legal to buy all this stuff. I was just thinking of the online seller. I don't want to get them in trouble.

StevensMarksman

I think most of the time, its just PO workers trying to make small talk.

Either way, its not illegal, so why worry. Tell them its "Machining Parts". A hobby of yours, cause, in a way; the materials are, and it is....

Last edited:
Next time right after they hand you the package ask if they have any packing peanuts and then turn around mumbling about dissolving in gasoline whole walking away.

There are no "waves" to be made. I'm well known at the local PO for getting flat rate boxes full of bullets. [laugh]

-Mike

I got 3 boxes of 3000 bullets each and a box of 60lbs linotype ingots the same day. Needless to say my letter carrier wasn't exactly happy with me. That's what he gets when won't step over 2 inches of snow to put mail in my box in winter.

It's hard to tell from, I am sure on purpose, the vague nature of the post, but if you were shipped either powder or primers without HAZMAT stuff, that could well be problematic!

You are fine, no worries. You are doing nothing illegal. As a person who sells on NES, I am careful to ask for an LTC/FID and restrict what I send to the People's Republic. Also, I DO NOT ship Powder, Primers, or anything that goes BANG to ANYONE, ANYWHERE.

Back
Top Bottom