• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

need help identifying a buckle

hey guys,
i'm trying to identify this buckle- i need to find 2 more just like it and it's proving a difficult task since i don't know what to call it...
the webbing belt this is on has NO markings to help me figure it out. buckle appears to be stamped out of sheet metal and painted OD green.

does anyone know what these are called, when they were used, or the country of origin?

or hell... does anyone have a couple they'd like to sell me?

any help is greatly appreciated, i'm in the dark on this...
6fnxvl.jpg
35i6u7n.jpg

Normally Google Image search is a good means of finding specific items, as you eyeballs can match things that text search strings cannot, but I tend to strike out on militaria since the variety is so huge.

that was the problem i was having- typically i have great google-fu, but it failed me this time.. the only reason i have such good photos is i found this one at the militaria show today.. i had seen the one you posted before i went but it wasnt exactly what i need...i am trying to make a replica of a screen-used costume from a movie and attempting to be as accurate as possible, so that one was my fallback if i couldnt find these. thanks!

THATS IT! thank you! i had people telling me korean, vietnam, british, soviet... i was overwhelmed and confused... woohoo! thanks!!

i might buy 3 of the newer ones and distress them.. i am trying to use as much reproduction stuff as i can since it feels wrong to destroy (or heavily alter) the actual things if i can spend a few extra bucks to get a fake

i'll check that out, all i need are the buckles anyways- even if the buckles are the wrong color i can fix that!
thanks for your help guys, you saved me a ton of stress

i'm doing a gender swapped Dum Dum Dugan(the man in the photo)- he's one of the Howling Commandos and was in the first Captain America movie. instead of a mustache i will have long braids- but the rest of the costume is going to be essentially the same. i plan to have it complete for Boston Comic Con at the end of July, where i'll meet Hayley Atwell (the woman in the photo) who plays Agent Peggy Carter... i'm also working on getting a huge group photo with a bunch of Captain Americas and other appropriate characters....
if i wasnt meeting Hayley Atwell i might be a little more relaxed about the accuracy, but this is too good of a chance to miss...
Agents_of_S.H.I.E.L.D._Shadow's_20.jpg

Back
Top Bottom