Need help pricing a Geissele upper plz

Recently I decided to grab a legal length upper to slap on an SBR when I hit up sig academy and not have to worry about needing approval 🙄

My buddy is offering to sell me a brand new Geissele Super Duty upper in Luna black. It’s 14.5” p&w with a SureFire CT. He’s asking me for an offer without BCG and CH.. since I’m not that experienced with pricing Gucci shit I’m hoping someone can help me get a good deal on this without screwing him.
I tried searching the internets but it seems like the upper is sold out everywhere, and prices seem to fluctuate quite a bit on these outra stock uppers.

pretty sure if the lower is a registered SBR it's still an NFA item regardless of what upper you slap on it and you'd still need your permission slip.

Midwest Industries has lightweight uppers in stock for 6-700, they probably aren't considered as "gucci" as the Geissele but still, after u buy a bcg and charging handle you can be into it for less than $900 and Midwest Industries is very high quality and would give the Geissele a run for its money. Aim surplus has had bcg's pretty steadily, they are incredibly high quality for the price, and the strike industries charging handles are also awesome for the money and also priced well from Aim surplus.

That Geissele upper would probably fetch around $1500 on gun broker.

It's only an sbr when you have a barrel length less than 16" attached to the lower receiver.

When you have a barrel attached that is 16" or more on your sbr lower receiver.. No out of state travel notification is needed from the ATF.

You can sell a registered sbr lower with a barrel length of 16" or more, same as you would any other rifle.

Sell it with a barrel less than 16" and you have to follow all the ATF rules regarding an sbr.

It's only an sbr when you have a barrel length less than 16" attached to the lower receiver.

When you have a barrel attached that is 16" or more on your sbr lower receiver.. No out of state travel notification is needed from the ATF.
This. Here is the ATF statement on the matter.

Midwest Industries has lightweight uppers in stock for 6-700, they probably aren't considered as "gucci" as the Geissele but still, after u buy a bcg and charging handle you can be into it for less than $900 and Midwest Industries is very high quality and would give the Geissele a run for its money. Aim surplus has had bcg's pretty steadily, they are incredibly high quality for the price, and the strike industries charging handles are also awesome for the money and also priced well from Aim surplus.
Thanks for tip will look into them.

I have a Black Rain Ordnance BCG and a Radian CH laying around. I’m just debating if Geissele is worth it and if I can grab it for a steal.

For what’s it’s worth, I’ve never been a fan of the “you pick the price you’re willing to pay” game.

Sounds like your “buddy” is your friend for the right price. That’s an issue to me... but not my friend, so who GAF...

you said you found pricing online but all sold out — a buddy isn’t going to price gouge you. “Fair” pricing in my book is what he paid for it, plus a handshake and a couple beers... because we’re buddies. Anything higher is price gouging based on C-19, and I just as soon wait to buy something retail. Is it new, or is it “new”? How hung up are you about a few minor cosmetic scratches, etc.? If you don’t care so much, then full retail is reasonable. If you’re willing to pay a Covid premium for “Gucci” stuff then you get what you pay for.

One final thought, my personal preference... I always try to match my BCG with the barrel. High-end gear is high-end because they hold tighter tollefences... minus the LARPing value. A “lesser” quality BCG may cause accelerated wear in your Gucci gear.

(Note: proud owner of “Gucci” Noveske, BCM and DD ARs and HK pistols)

I’d offer the dude $750, it’s not an insult and he’s a friend. if he was a used car salesman I’d off a dollar which is always my opening move, it sets the tone 😆

Id offer $600 firm..If that’s not acceptable I will just buy one that somewhere else...id pay about $900 if it is basically new and include the BCG charging handle..

Like others have said once you put a 16 inch barrel on it it’s not an SPR. You can travel interstate without even filing with the ATF.

What i find interesting is if you want to sell your sbr as a non nfa item...You put a 16 inch plus upper on it file a form with the ATF..Then you sell it like you would any other firearm. But I would absolutely hate to sell a gun with my name engraved on it...Imagine it showed up at a crime scene?

In the long run it would matter. But you still have some explaining to do

This. Here is the ATF statement on the matter.
Thanks. I was more asking the question because I didn’t know. So, if you have an SBR lower, it’s always an SBR lower (key point 1) as long as you possess (need this definition...does this mean own or have it on your person) a short barrel.

So if I had SBR, I can sell or destroy the actual barrel and stick a 16” or greater on there and it magically turns into a non SBR?
But what happens if I own an AR pistol? I therefor always have an SBR because of that interchangeability I guess?

Recently I decided to grab a legal length upper to slap on an SBR when I hit up sig academy and not have to worry about needing approval 🙄

My buddy is offering to sell me a brand new Geissele Super Duty upper in Luna black. It’s 14.5” p&w with a SureFire CT. He’s asking me for an offer without BCG and CH.. since I’m not that experienced with pricing Gucci shit I’m hoping someone can help me get a good deal on this without screwing him.
I tried searching the internets but it seems like the upper is sold out everywhere, and prices seem to fluctuate quite a bit on these outra stock uppers.
If I were your " buddy " I'd look at your feedback on here and ascertain you're a liability and keep it. But that's just me.

To friends I always sold at break even or discounted if I had used the item. Ask your friend for a price. There is one for sale for $800 on another forum and sounds like a good price. You saving him a trip to the post office and about $30 in shipping costs.
Edit: I have bought an item from that user on the other forum in the past and he has quality items.

Why does it not have the BCG and CH ?
I thought Geezle sold omplete uppers only. ICBW I dont know their claim to fame on AR parts other than triggers.
Anyhow they run right around $1000 or so. -$300 for no BCG/CH factor in its used. $550-650 maybe. If its something you really like grab it?

Also depends what your going to do with it?

To friends I always sold at break even or discounted if I had used the item. Ask your friend for a price. There is one for sale for $800 on another forum and sounds like a good price. You saving him a trip to the post office and about $30 in shipping costs.
Edit: I have bought an item from that user on the other forum in the past and he has quality items.
Thanks mike I appreciate that brother

Why does it not have the BCG and CH ?
I thought Geezle sold omplete uppers only. ICBW I dont know their claim to fame on AR parts other than triggers.
Anyhow they run right around $1000 or so. -$300 for no BCG/CH factor in its used. $550-650 maybe. If its something you really like grab it?

Also depends what your going to do with it?
I think he sold the CH and BCG already. The upper is brand new.

I think he sold the CH and BCG already. The upper is brand new.
So my guess then is he sold the BCG and CH at a up charge? Why would you part out a “set”
So my gut says he will up charge the rest of it. Shit might as well part out the upper also?

To me the upper without the charging Handle and BCG..Devalues the rest of the upper. I know all charging handles and bcg control groups of the same.(sarcasm)But with a higher and upper I would want the rest of the components with it. Does it really matter? Not if the price is right

Id offer $600 firm..If that’s not acceptable I will just buy one that somewhere else...id pay about $900 if it is basically new and include the BCG charging handle..

Like others have said once you put a 16 inch barrel on it it’s not an SPR. You can travel interstate without even filing with the ATF.

What i find interesting is if you want to sell your sbr as a non nfa item...You put a 16 inch plus upper on it file a form with the ATF..Then you sell it like you would any other firearm. But I would absolutely hate to sell a gun with my name engraved on it...Imagine it showed up at a crime scene?

In the long run it would matter. But you still have some explaining to do
I think thats a fair offer/price.

Back
Top Bottom