• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need help with new AR15 build - ACE stock and charging handle interference

Gator9329

That Guy
NES Member
I was just finishing up on an 80% build. It's a QD lower with a Matrix upper. The lower and upper mesh perfect with zero slop. The problem I am having is that when I pull back on the charging handle it slightly draws across the foam pad of the stock. I have tried to stretch out the foam to shrink it's diameter. No luck. Before I try anything invasive I was wondering if anyone has had this issue.
Let me know if you need more info from me.

AO Precision Charging Handle Assembly AR-15 Aluminum Matte
Product #: 983634

charge.jpg

ACE Skeleton Buttstock 9.9" Overall Length AR-15, LR-308 Aluminum Black
Product #: 760499

ace.jpg

I have the rifle length one on my ar15. It rubbed I cut it off and did this .
upuvynag.jpg

I just wrapped it in para cord and stuck some foam where I wanted it. You could just shave the foam down of it bothered you.

I had the same issue. I cut the foam back to where the charging handle wasn't touching. It only left a few inches of foam. I ran it that way for a while. I finally did what Ben did. Wrap it in para cord.

Dam I knew I should have gone to that shoot. Looks like a good time.
What is the optic on that Ben? Do you like it ?
Optics are next on this build.

It's a sightmark . Think it cost me 100$ shipped.
It has a nice metal cover that makes it look like a eotech . So cod fans will think your a bad ass!

There rated for 12g so it will stand up to .223/5.56. There was a thread about them on here and every one raved at them . Few friends bought them. Only down side is you pick the recital you like and zero it. You can switch to the other shapes but the zero won't be 100%. But if you switch back to the one you set the zero to it stays true. just pick the one you like and your good to go.

They make one with a laser sight built in and one that they claim will work with night vision.

I plan to buy one or two more so I guess you can say I like them.

I checked both my ARs with Ace stocks and found that the charging handles on both rub against the foam cheek tube. Never noticed it before, so obviously it doesn't affect the operation of the charging handle. I would just ignore this contact.

thanks for the feedback. I think I will just do the same and let it do it's thing. Replacement tubes are only 5.00

PS I did this inspection while installing one of the new Magpul MOE stocks on of the ARs. Hard polymer construction with several sling mounting points, provision for a monopod, and a convenient storage compartment. Pretty good deal because you get a whole stock for about $55 from Brownells rather than the Ace which is a few parts short of a complete stock and costs more. I may have a couple of Skeleton stocks for sale in the immediate future for anyone who is interested.

Back
Top Bottom