• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need Help!

I was refused a LTC because of a conviction that happen 27 years ago he said it was a felony possession of fake ID. When i got arrested it was a misdemeanor. I was 18 and used it to buy alcohol. Is there anything I can do? [sad]

Call a firearms attorney.

Keith Langer out of Wrentham I believe

Get any court documents that you can as well, to see what it really was.

Lawyer up and if that is your real name as a screen name,don't say to much more.

I can't even believe that the idea of someone trying to buy beer with a fake ID almost three decades ago, is enough for the government to tell you your personal safety and constitutional rights are not worthy and you are a sub-citizen. wow. Good luck man, hope it works out.

I hope you didn't make the mistake of applying and not disclosing it on the app. That's probably a bigger problem than the offense itself was!

-Mike

I was refused a LTC because of a conviction that happen 27 years ago he said it was a felony possession of fake ID. When i got arrested it was a misdemeanor. I was 18 and used it to buy alcohol. Is there anything I can do? [sad]

More likely when you got arrested it was a felony and it is now a misdemeanor (I have seen this before). Get your court records and a CORI check done on yourself and then what you need to do is contact an attorney (like langer who was mentioned earlier) AND contact Comm2A. You won't get your license anytime soon but you will get it eventually if you have patience.

More likely when you got arrested it was a felony and it is now a misdemeanor (I have seen this before). Get your court records and a CORI check done on yourself and then what you need to do is contact an attorney (like langer who was mentioned earlier) AND contact Comm2A. You won't get your license anytime soon but you will get it eventually if you have patience.

Listen to this guy!

Listen to this man AND do what he says!

He knows what he speaks of.

Go to the court where you were convicted and ask them for copies. They have everything on file. Pray it was not a felony.

IANAL, but court may not have the paper records anymore. They will say don't worry about it, won't show up. They lie. Request a copy of your CORI for $25 and it may or may not show up there. However, if the paper records were shredded, it's all on microfilm and I believe that you will need a lawyer to get it. Every criminal court appearance will show up no matter how long ago it happened or the outcome of the case. I had a CWOF/Dismissed from 40 years ago and it didn't show up on paper but it was still on microfilm.

I really doubt possession of a fake ID was ever a felony. The current maximum penalty for a violation of G.L. 138 s. 34A is just a fine. Your denial letter should offer some clarity, but as Terra said you will also need your CORI and likely the docket sheet from the court. Contact Cohen or Langer.

I really doubt possession of a fake ID was ever a felony. The current maximum penalty for a violation of G.L. 138 s. 34A is just a fine. Your denial letter should offer some clarity, but as Terra said you will also need your CORI and likely the docket sheet from the court. Contact Cohen or Langer.

There was a time where they used a forged official document statute. As you point out now it's not a big deal, but in absence of a specific statute you got weird results. I can dig up the notes from last time I had to deal with this.

Back
Top Bottom