• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need some gun facts, stats to argue against antis

Hey guys, I need two things, a good website with non-biased stats so I can shove logic up the a$$** of the antis when they go all emotional on me. Second, the anti I'm having an argument with right now is FOR expanded background checks. He claims some states guns are easier to buy than a pack of cigarettes(which is the way it should be). I am unaware of other states procedures(I live in mass). Please educate me on other states (waiting periods and other criteria for firearm ownership) TIA

the more the better, keep them coming guys, the info there is a little dated
Keep in mind that the closer in time you get to "this year's data" the more you will have to do it yourself looking the FBI and other raw databases. Short of that expect to find "older" data. The realities of gun control don't change, it doesn't work. When crime goes up or down, it has to do with other societal/demographic changes.

Some more good data:
http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

A brief discussion of that very data:
Harvard Study: Gun Control Is Counterproductive | The American Civil Rights Union

Keep in mind that the closer in time you get to "this year's data" the more you will have to do it yourself looking the FBI and other raw databases. Short of that expect to find "older" data. The realities of gun control don't change, it doesn't work. When crime goes up or down, it has to do with other societal/demographic changes.
Like taxes!

This is something we should all be on top of. We will never win the "its for the children" discussion with some but facts can't be denied.

Keep in mind, the individual right to arms is immune when trying to deal with societal problems. You cannot legislate guns from the hands of criminals, you can only legislate rights from the law-abiding. Regardless of how badly someone wants to eliminate gun violence or any other problem, you cannot infringe on the rights of the people. There are ways of dealing with criminals, but stripping rights from the people cannot happen.

Now... don't overreact.

And I mean only to reference one section of this website for use on which states have what in place, but the Brady Campaign's state scorecard rankings are pretty good for telling you which state have waiting periods, disarm people, capacity limits, no permits for CCW, storage and locks, etc, etc, etc.

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Just don't go to the rest of the site or your eyes may just stick in a permanent eye-rolled state or you may put your fist through your computer monitor.

Back
Top Bottom