• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nephrology article that shows how far society as fallen....

39% Wow. I don't know of any friends who have a relative in prison, much less family.

"Among self-identified Black and mixed-race Americans with end-stage kidney disease, 39% reported having at least one family member in prison who could have potentially donated a kidney, according to a presenter at ASN Kidney Week."

I love how all these "disproportional impact" crybabies make it sound like blacks are sitting in church when they get kidnapped, stuffed in an unmarked van and dropped off directly in prison while whites are getting a pat on the head for the crime wave theyre committing which is being swept under the rug by the media.

39% Wow. I don't know of any friends who have a relative in prison, much less family.

"Among self-identified Black and mixed-race Americans with end-stage kidney disease, 39% reported having at least one family member in prison who could have potentially donated a kidney, according to a presenter at ASN Kidney Week."

My best friend's brother is in prison in CT, for manslaughter.

OMG that has to be one of the most bogus "studies" I've ever seen. A whopping 39 patients asked, and it gets worse from there.

Oh, and EDT:

Identifying how systemic racism affects health disparities is the first step to ensure health equity and kidney transplantation,” Avrum Gillespie, MD, from Lewis Katz School of Medicine in Philadelphia, told Healio.

I don’t really “know” the guy who lit off rounds towards the house party I was standing on the front porch of in college, but I do know he went to jail. Think it was 7 years.

IIRC this happened 3 or so days before 9/11.

ETA - found the article. 5 year sentence. 4 days before 9/11. $500 AK.

Last edited:
I don’t really “know” the guy who lit off rounds towards the house party I was standing on the front porch of in college, but I do know he went to jail. Think it was 7 years.

good judge gave him seven, after prosecution lied and did not factually agree in writing to the 5 years proposal they 'promised' verbally in exchange for the plee.

"
The judge continued: "When I was reading this file last night, I did not recall that the people had agreed as part of the plea bargain to recommend a minimum of five years, and what I had put down as my presumptive sentence -- after I go through the file, I write down what I think I am going to do -- I had written down ten years.

"I will depart from my original intention, but I think five years is not sufficient. Given the seriousness of this offense, I cannot in good conscience give him the minimum, despite the prosecution's recommendation.
"

good judge gave him seven, after prosecution lied and did not factually agree in writing to the 5 years proposal they 'promised' verbally in exchange for the plee.

"
The judge continued: "When I was reading this file last night, I did not recall that the people had agreed as part of the plea bargain to recommend a minimum of five years, and what I had put down as my presumptive sentence -- after I go through the file, I write down what I think I am going to do -- I had written down ten years.

"I will depart from my original intention, but I think five years is not sufficient. Given the seriousness of this offense, I cannot in good conscience give him the minimum, despite the prosecution's recommendation.
"

Good find, I skimmed it after RE-reading my witness statement.

It’s a miracle no one was hit that night. The round that hit the house was like a foot away from a basement window and there was like 40 people down there. God only know where the rest landed.

Good find, I skimmed it after RE-reading my witness statement.
It’s a miracle no one was hit that night. The round that hit the house was like a foot away from a basement window and there was like 40 people down there. God only know where the rest landed.
psgwsp.
i do not agree with shooting at the house at all.
and disagree even more with wasting a whole mag and not hitting no one in the end and still doing 7. :)

The whole transplant thing is a scam anyway, I've got a relative who wants to donate a kidney to me, but they won't even put me in the program. BMI is a little to high and my symptoms aren't bad enough yet. So my health is shit, technically stage 5, but until I'm acting closer to death they do nothing. It's f***ing bulshit.
They are saving most of the transplants for diabetics that could have saved their kidneys by just changing their diet. Even the people at the dialysis center admit, off the record, that most of their patients are due to diabetic kidney failure, and most of those did it to themselves. And most of these have been living off Gov handouts most of their life. Heaven f***ing forbid someone who works for a living gets the kidney he needs.

Sorry I'm a little pissed off tonight.

The important question is why blacks people are having such a difficult time thriving in our society, and what we can do to fix it that goes beyond virtue signaling or blaming.

It’s refreshing to see an article written so clear and succinct, that I actually got what happened.

The important question is why blacks people are having such a difficult time thriving in our society, and what we can do to fix it that goes beyond virtue signaling or blaming.
It's not Black people in general though, it's just a disproportionate amount of blacks because of these urban shitholes where they are out there shooting at each other daily.

Interesting methodology in that study. Sample size of 23 "self-identified" black or mixed race individuals, 3/4 of whom are below the 43rd percentile in income. "Incarcerated" was defined as 1 night or more in jail. Doesn't strike me as the kind of pool an honest researcher would use to draw societal conclusions.

FWIW, I have had an immediate family member (two, if that person's spouse counts) who spent some fair chunks of time in the county jail for repeated DUIs and domestic assault. Outside of the family, I also had one acquaintance who spent a few years in state prison for a DUI that killed someone, one who committed suicide, two others who were both sides of a murder / suicide, and one who was found in SF Bay with a gunshot to the back of the head in what was assumed to be a drug deal gone bad. I'm not sure if any of that would be useful in drawing large scale conclusions, as all of those people's behavior was grossly dissimilar to mine and completely out of my control.

Last edited:
Of course in China the prisoners don't get to decide if they want to donate organs or not. Even if it's an organ you can't live without.
I lived in Hong Kong for 3 months back in 1993 when it was still under British control. It was common to read in the newspaper that someone in China was accused of dealing drugs and typically they were executed 3 days later.

It's not Black people in general though, it's just a disproportionate amount of blacks because of these urban shitholes where they are out there shooting at each other daily.

The problem isn't knowing how to fix the situation, there are plenty of valid reasons how it ended up this way and how we can help, the issue is that there are no quick fixes. It took a long time to get where we are and it will take a long time to alter the situation. The problem is people want a quick fix, and they want it with no effort or pain. On top of that there are those that seem to think the world is a fair place and everyone should have equal results (equity). The reality is fixes will take decades, even lifetimes. And even then, while we may reach equality of opportunity, there will never be equality of results. Those that work harder will do better.
We (as in the USA) created a welfare state that doesn't reward hard work, that encourages single parent household, and preached how all the bad things happening to someone was the fault of someone else, and they shouldn't need to work hard. Then the politicians used this to identify a group to blame, a common enemy. And used this to build their own power my using those that were now to weak to stand on their own. And the cycle repeats.

A real solution will NOT be comfortable for anyone, and not be complete in our lifetimes, and will not eliminate class just make it less of a burden.

The first stem on a long road, in my opinion, is term limits. We need to undermine the power that uses the people. And put an end to deficit spending and get the US out of debt. This black mark on our economy is holding back every man woman and child in the US.

one thing we could is bring some industry back so that poor kids with limited options of all colors might find gainful employment. Trump tried that, the Chamber of Commerce knifed him. Corporate leaders would rather live in guarded enclaves than spread some wealth around. Finally of course, the senate and house are bought and paid for. And then there's that labor surplus created by illegal scum depressing wages in traditionally lower income fields.

So I guess that's not really an option after all.

one thing we could is bring some industry back so that poor kids with limited options of all colors might find gainful employment. Trump tried that, the Chamber of Commerce knifed him. Corporate leaders would rather live in guarded enclaves than spread some wealth around. Finally of course, the senate and house are bought and paid for. And then there's that labor surplus created by illegal scum depressing wages in traditionally lower income fields.

So I guess that's not really an option after all.
Even if we stopped outsourcing so much stuff overseas the cost of living is so high that most Industrial jobs that would be available to poor kids from all walks of life wouldn't be enough.

That being said it's also a life choice, I know plenty of people who when in need of money or want to have more than the basics just simply work more.

Running drugs is more appealing because of the faster bigger money, most of the younger kids don't care about potential consequences

Even if we stopped outsourcing so much stuff overseas the cost of living is so high that most Industrial jobs that would be available to poor kids from all walks of life wouldn't be enough.

That being said it's also a life choice, I know plenty of people who when in need of money or want to have more than the basics just simply work more.

Running drugs is more appealing because of the faster bigger money, most of the younger kids don't care about potential consequences

Corporate pigs like to justify their price hikes as market driven. I'm sure a component of the price increase is market driven, the other component is profit maximization. Nothing wrong with that either. Especially if their stock pays a good dividend, which I may need during retirement now that pensions are gone.

The price of labor is also market driven. Currently, the price of labor is being depressed on three fronts-
-offshoring
-surplus labor - double whammy - illegals coming in and workers left stranded when jobs leave.
-decline of unionization. I know, unions bad....

Reduce those three components, and wages will rise. Hopefully to the point where they are truly a living wage, not some government hacks definition of a living wage.

Will I pay more for some products? Yes. Market competition will keep some prices in check. As a shareholder, will I accept a bit less return in exchange for a more stable country? Yes.

A rising tide lifts all boats.

Yeah. IT's the F'ing corporations, man! LOL

Funny aside before I go into this: I saw a FB post last week someone bemoaning the big Pharma making $ on the Covid vaccine after "they took money from the government." What is funny is they DIDN'T ASK FOR THE MONEY, Trump gave it to them, he gave it to them to accelerate the vaccine production and specifically told them to make $ on it on the back end - the lost $ to hte government was WORTH getting a vaccine created. (Remember when Trump was the vax-man and you were all ready to line up?). Funnier still - these same evil drug companies ship their vaccine to poor countries for free. Wanna complain about getting stiffed - go beat up that little kid with the distended stomach and flies all around in Uganda. He's got your money! OK, I'm done on that one.

As far as this - what it says is that health is important. The lowest classes - regardless of race - will always have the highest incarceration and clearly highest health costs. Another dual reason we should consider programs to get these people OUT of their current situation. Not a liberal handout of any kind. Let's start with job training. And along with that comes classes on things like opening a bank account, buying a car, getting a driver's lic, grocery shopping for not-shit foods, meal prep and the like. You'd incarcerate less AND have to replace less kidneys. What would that cost?? In comparison to the crappy programs we have now? We need to start INVESTING in these people instead of warehousing them.

Another dual reason we should consider programs to get these people OUT of their current situation. Not a liberal handout of any kind. Let's start with job training. And along with that comes classes on things like opening a bank account, buying a car, getting a driver's lic, grocery shopping for not-shit foods, meal prep and the like. You'd incarcerate less AND have to replace less kidneys. What would that cost?? In comparison to the crappy programs we have now? We need to start INVESTING in these people instead of warehousing them.
If only we had places where we could teach these things to people. We could even have the government run them. Maybe start when people are young, so they learn this stuff as they grow up. Make it a little harder every year, so that they could build and develop skills over time.

Nah. More important to make sure they recognize someone's pronouns.

Last edited:
Yeah. IT's the F'ing corporations, man! LOL

Funny aside before I go into this: I saw a FB post last week someone bemoaning the big Pharma making $ on the Covid vaccine after "they took money from the government." What is funny is they DIDN'T ASK FOR THE MONEY, Trump gave it to them, he gave it to them to accelerate the vaccine production and specifically told them to make $ on it on the back end - the lost $ to hte government was WORTH getting a vaccine created. (Remember when Trump was the vax-man and you were all ready to line up?). Funnier still - these same evil drug companies ship their vaccine to poor countries for free. Wanna complain about getting stiffed - go beat up that little kid with the distended stomach and flies all around in Uganda. He's got your money! OK, I'm done on that one.

As far as this - what it says is that health is important. The lowest classes - regardless of race - will always have the highest incarceration and clearly highest health costs. Another dual reason we should consider programs to get these people OUT of their current situation. Not a liberal handout of any kind. Let's start with job training. And along with that comes classes on things like opening a bank account, buying a car, getting a driver's lic, grocery shopping for not-shit foods, meal prep and the like. You'd incarcerate less AND have to replace less kidneys. What would that cost?? In comparison to the crappy programs we have now? We need to start INVESTING in these people instead of warehousing them.
How are you going to get those people to go to those courses? I can tell you first hand they have little to no interest

Back
Top Bottom