• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nephrology article that shows how far society as fallen....

Of course in China the prisoners don't get to decide if they want to donate organs or not. Even if it's an organ you can't live without.

I lived in Hong Kong for 3 months back in 1993 when it was still under British control. It was common to read in the newspaper that someone in China was accused of dealing drugs and typically they were executed 3 days later.

I’m good with both of these policies. Maybe a Chinese takeover wouldn’t be that bad.

That's a great idea to take time off a sentence for organ donations:

kidney=5 years off
bone marrow=3 years off
limb=8 years off
brain=12 years off (it's LNIB, rarely used)
heart=NA

How are you going to get those people to go to those courses? I can tell you first hand they have little to no interest

I'd do something similar to GB and his "No Child Left Behind." Make it "Leave The Lazy Behind!" Use the $ currently handing $ to them and redirect it towards these programs. Once you grajamarate, your aid is all done. Get a job, deadbeat!

At some point, if you provide meaningful help, the vast majority of people - even people who consider themselves bleeding-heart liberals - will say, "Well, there IS a way out - you just don't wanna work."

I know it will never happen. And even if it could, it would be co-opted by well-meaning bureaucrats that will institutionalize and ruin it. You need an A-hole in charge of the whole thing for decades. This society couldn't handle that sort of a-hole. They'd find SOME dirt on him ("He double-dips at the salsa bowl!") and get him ousted.

But if you could, about 30 years later, it would feel like the pre-Depression attitude towards those who are looking for hand-outs. What would be handed out, by the people, would be swift kicks in the ass.

Yeah. IT's the F'ing corporations, man! LOL

Funny aside before I go into this: I saw a FB post last week someone bemoaning the big Pharma making $ on the Covid vaccine after "they took money from the government." What is funny is they DIDN'T ASK FOR THE MONEY, Trump gave it to them, he gave it to them to accelerate the vaccine production and specifically told them to make $ on it on the back end - the lost $ to hte government was WORTH getting a vaccine created. (Remember when Trump was the vax-man and you were all ready to line up?). Funnier still - these same evil drug companies ship their vaccine to poor countries for free. Wanna complain about getting stiffed - go beat up that little kid with the distended stomach and flies all around in Uganda. He's got your money! OK, I'm done on that one.

As far as this - what it says is that health is important. The lowest classes - regardless of race - will always have the highest incarceration and clearly highest health costs. Another dual reason we should consider programs to get these people OUT of their current situation. Not a liberal handout of any kind. Let's start with job training. And along with that comes classes on things like opening a bank account, buying a car, getting a driver's lic, grocery shopping for not-shit foods, meal prep and the like. You'd incarcerate less AND have to replace less kidneys. What would that cost?? In comparison to the crappy programs we have now? We need to start INVESTING in these people instead of warehousing them.
That's a unique way to look at it...

kidney=5 years off
bone marrow=3 years off
limb=8 years off
heart=NA
You mean ... someone could own several unregistered machine guns and get out of jail by donating a Kidney?

That is cheaper than paying for an attorney.

kidney=5 years off
bone marrow=3 years off
limb=8 years off
heart=NA
There are living heart transplants (and I'm not referring to societies like Saudi Arabia that have a royal organ donor on standby).

There have been cases where Person A needs lungs, but they do a lung/heart transplant as one assembly (like replacing an expensive part on a car because one tiny part of it broke) and use the removed heart on Person B.

The problem is coercion for organ donations would never sell. What would is a fixed payment to the families of donors - but that would encourage families to lie about medical history. It could turn a profit because Medicare pays for dialysis after 2 years even if you have great insurance, and after a few years, the total cost of maintaining a transplant is lower than the cost of dialysis.

Organ donation was a forerunner of the "equity" movement. It is more important that the organ donation system be equitable than maximizing the number of organs transferred, and such shows up in the allocation policy.

It's not Black people in general though, it's just a disproportionate amount of blacks because of these urban shitholes where they are out there shooting at each other daily.
each one of them chooses to do what they do. There are no extra pairs of arms making stabby and shooting things happen. And the riots, the bricks and rocks were thrown from a single hand, not 2 or 3 together.

There are living heart transplants (and I'm not referring to societies like Saudi Arabia that have a royal organ donor on standby).

There have been cases where Person A needs lungs, but they do a lung/heart transplant as one assembly (like replacing an expensive part on a car because one tiny part of it broke) and use the removed heart on Person B.

The problem is coercion for organ donations would never sell. What would is a fixed payment to the families of donors - but that would encourage families to lie about medical history. It could turn a profit because Medicare pays for dialysis after 2 years even if you have great insurance, and after a few years, the total cost of maintaining a transplant is lower than the cost of dialysis.

Organ donation was a forerunner of the "equity" movement. It is more important that the organ donation system be equitable than maximizing the number of organs transferred, and such shows up in the allocation policy.

Gee, it was mostly meant as a joke.

39% Wow. I don't know of any friends who have a relative in prison, much less family.

"Among self-identified Black and mixed-race Americans with end-stage kidney disease, 39% reported having at least one family member in prison who could have potentially donated a kidney, according to a presenter at ASN Kidney Week."

Hi Rob, as a CKD patient, I would certainly appreciate extra influx of organ donations (either live or post-mortem) that includes currently incarcerated people. I think the govt should help in that direction, and I am not concerned about the race issue at all. Prison population is very large in this country, and organ donation process can certainly be improved.

each one of them chooses to do what they do. There are no extra pairs of arms making stabby and shooting things happen. And the riots, the bricks and rocks were thrown from a single hand, not 2 or 3 together.
I agree with you, I never said it wasn't a personal choice all I'm saying it isn't a just a Black Person problem per se it's just that a disproportionate amount is Black crime is because of the amount of urban shitholes in this country

That was in response to a poster saying Black People have trouble thriving in society which I call bullshit on, I am friends with numerous Black people and they all do the same shit, they go to work and take care of their families and are good people

Hi Rob, as a CKD patient, I would certainly appreciate extra influx of organ donations (either live or post-mortem) that includes currently incarcerated people. I think the govt should help in that direction, and I am not concerned about the race issue at all. Prison population is very large in this country, and organ donation process can certainly be improved.
Coerced donations are a dangerous path, but there are MANY things that could be done to increase donations.

I have a large list I will be implementing if I ever become King.

My little brother is in federal prison. I haven't thought of him in a while. He went into foster care at the same time. that was 2001. Since then, he hasn't been out of jail for longer than a few months at a time. Once he went to jail it cascaded really fast into full retard criminality.

That's a unique way to look at it...

That's what my grandfather always said.

"Dennis, you're unique."

No. Wait. That wasn't quite it.

"Dennis, you're a uniquele-head."

No. That wasn't it. . . . . Oh, I got it.

"Dennis, you're a knucklehead." That was it! I assumed he meant I was like a classic Harley.

Back
Top Bottom