NES Amateur Radio (HAM) Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one of those newly minted hams with no gear. I'll be there at the flea.

My 11yo who just got his Tech is coming and wants to be tested for his General [shocked]. I love his ambition and that he's not afraid to fail...but it's my $15 [laugh]

He's studying in bed right now. I suppose I'll go weak and pay the $15 even if I think he has no chance.[smile]

This Saturday, Feb. 13, The Algonquin ARA will host their annual amateur radio flea market at the Marlboro Middle School, from 9:00 to 1:00. Admission is $5.00 and there is a VE session at 9:00.
Talk-in on the MMRA's 147.270 and 449.925

http://www.qsl.net/n1em/2010flier

I'll try and make it over at some point, pick up some radio stuff that I didn't know I needed

I'll be at the Flea. I'll also be monitoring the 440 talk-in repeater while there. Feal free to call out for NES members. We should try to at least meet up at some point.

Hey fellow hamers....I will be on the Paxton repeater after LOST...so 10ish...if anyone is interested.

I'll listen then. If it's only you I might not say anything, I've bugged you enough. [laugh]

That testing session for the 13th isn't listed on the AARL website. My son is planning on taking the test on the 20th in Marlboro at the Public Library. I'm going to take a shot at Extra at the same time.
I hope I'm not confusing my dates.

That testing session for the 13th isn't listed on the AARL website. My son is planning on taking the test on the 20th in Marlboro at the Public Library. I'm going to take a shot at Extra at the same time.
I hope I'm not confusing my dates.

I got a confirmation email from the people running the Marlborough flea that testing starts at about 9:00 on Saturday and finishes up at 10:00 or 10:30, so you have to be there early. Why wait until Wednesday? It sounds like there's going to be a few of us there. I'm glad as I know I can count on you guys to help keep me from buying a bunch of stuff I don't need [rofl]

Good luck to you and your son!

If anyone is going to the Marlboro Flee Market...can you keep a look out for this SWR Meter? YAESU YS-500. If someone will, I'll give my cell number and you can call or text me the price and if you don't mind picking it up, I'll pay you back Sunday or Monday and I'll drive out to meet you...

I really want to pick up this meter...and I'm having a hard time finding one...every time I find one on eBay..people bid it up to crazy prices...

If anyone is going to the Marlboro Flee Market...can you keep a look out for this SWR Meter? YAESU YS-500. If someone will, I'll give my cell number and you can call or text me the price and if you don't mind picking it up, I'll pay you back Sunday or Monday and I'll drive out to meet you...

I really want to pick up this meter...and I'm having a hard time finding one...every time I find one on eBay..people bid it up to crazy prices...

I'll add that to the shopping list, just need your phone #.

I'm on Paxton now, if anyone wants to talk on any 2m repeater lemme know a frequency.

Here's A couple of ideas to sell our own forum:
1. Start new threads for a new topic. Aren't we supposed to do that anyway?
2. Instead of one or two people asking, everyone can send a request to him.

Jason

Jason
These are the reasons I like the idea of a sub-forum if Derek would be so kind.

Jason

#1 that would be kind of obnoxious... Please don't do that.
#2 feel free, but don't barrage him with multiple requests.

I'll poke him one more time for a response of some sort.

Matt

GOT MY ARRL CARD TODAY

I was wondering how many of us here are ARRL members.

I got my ticket 2 weeks ago at the Tech-in-a-Day class and joined ARRL a week later when my call sign appeared in the FCC's database. It took less than a week for ARRL to get me a card and an issue of QST.

I was wondering how many of us here are ARRL members.

I got my ticket 2 weeks ago at the Tech-in-a-Day class and joined ARRL a week later when my call sign appeared in the FCC's database. It took less than a week for ARRL to get me a card and an issue of QST.

I joined ARRL before pretty much anything else. Earlier in the thread someone had suggested that as a first step.
If anyone is interested in some HF comms tonight I'll be around.
75 meters was long last night. I was cruising into WA, LA, TN and a whole bunch of places.

I need to get an HF antenna up. The wire I had up got knocked down by a branch in the ice storm we has earlier this year. I have about 600' of wire that with any luck will make some good RF. I am thinking about making a ground plane for 40, and maybe 75. If I put it up about 6' hopefully bambi will stay out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom