***NES Forum Upgrade 11/18/2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
We will be conducting a forum software upgrade tomorrow. I don't have an estimation of down time but I anticipate it will be a good portion of the day.

Thanks guys. I'm having a very tough time dealing with this, we've been friends since we were 3 years old and both our Families stayed friends as well over all those years until all our Parents passed.

Len and All

Please have someone watch loved ones home will at funeral. Friend just buried sister this week, drove elderly parents home only to find the house was broken into. If anyone catches these bastards I hope they get what is coming to them.

Len and All

Please have someone watch loved ones home will at funeral. Friend just buried sister this week, drove elderly parents home only to find the house was broken into. If anyone catches these bastards I hope they get what is coming to them.

Thanks. Very good point and something we did when my Mother died. I will try to communicate with the Family tonight about that.

Any idea what time the black out will start...I want to plan my day[rofl]

it'd be pretty funny if instead of just having a 'this page is currently unavailable' message, you put up a picture of Dimples flipping the bird. I bet more than half the users here don't know about the upgrade still.

I'm going to wake up in the morning and forget about this thread (I have this condition, see...) And I'll run down cellar to my safe and load all my guns until I realize it's not actually go time...

...yet

Well, at least I won't be by a computer much of tomorrow. I'll be busy saying a final goodbye to my life-long friend, a Vietnam Vet (USMC) and retired Capt. in the Fire Dept. [sad] [sad]

Len, my condolences to friends and family. May he rest in peace.

Damn there go my weekend plans, when they find me drooling in a corner, just have them wisper NES is back online. That should bring me back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

okay... so just to be clear.., tomorrow is not "go-time"

someone better let the NES facebook page know.
I'm going to wake up in the morning and forget about this thread (I have this condition, see...) And I'll run down cellar to my safe and load all my guns until I realize it's not actually go time...

...yet

Anybody wanna fill in a newb on the joke? I have the general idea of what go-time means, just looking for the backstory.

It's been a running 'joke' that NES will be shut down some day and that we'll all just run into the streets of Boston cocked, locked and ready to rock...ready to take back our gun-nerdery forum in the name of Admin!

So everytime there's been even a slight issue with the forum, it is immediately followed with a 'thought it was go-time' thread. I might know a guy that started one of those threads a few years ago when he was lucky enough to be one of the first users back online after a mere 2 hour blackout. 'He' refreshed the page at least once every minute until he could browse the classifieds again :D

Lucky I have to change the water pump in my Tacoma tomorrow or I'd be lost :/

I've opened things up while I'm working... there will be broken things, things missing, etc... you've all been warned :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom