***NES Forum Upgrade 11/18/2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk why, always been a vbulletin fan, couple other forums i've been on switched to xen, was never a big fan but I adapted. Another vote for a dark theme here.

I liked the old logo too but I definitely can get behind the new one.

Tapatalk is not returning. The main website is now responsive, so it modifies itself to work on your phone.

The main website has always worked on my phone. What it did not do, and still does not do, is provide the quality of experience that Tapatalk does. That may not be important to you, but it is to me.

@sHORTY a couple of things I noticed. I don't see a way to mark a forum as 'read' now. Is that no longer possible? Also I don't see a way to collapse forum groups I'm not interested in.

Finally, it looks like feedback has been changed to 'trader history' but its a (0) for everyone I looked at. I really hope we haven't lost the feedback ratings and history! Those are important when buying/selling to weed out the flakes.

I don't see a way to mark a forum as 'read' now. Is that no longer possible?

I just made a modification that should bring this back - if you click on the "Unread Posts" icon to the left of a forum, it will pop up a dialog letting you mark that forum as read.

Also I don't see a way to collapse forum groups I'm not interested in.

Not available at this time. I'll look into a solution.

Finally, it looks like feedback has been changed to 'trader history' but its a (0) for everyone I looked at. I really hope we haven't lost the feedback ratings and history! Those are important when buying/selling to weed out the flakes.

Unfortunately there wasn't a straight upgrade path for this addon. I'm going to write a custom import script, but it's going to be a few days before I can get it completed satisfactorily.

Reactions: jpm
FYI, for anyone following this thread - we now offer 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) for logins. This is something which was heavily requested in the past.

You can enable this by hovering over your name in the top right and then clicking on two-step verification.

Is there a way to mark a forum as read?

The site header is cutting of the top. I'm using Android / Chrome.

I tried to post a new thread topic in Tech Support, but the "create title" appears for a second and then disappear.

Is there a way to mark a forum as read?

Click on the chat bubble icon to the left of a forum.

The site header is cutting of the top. I'm using Android / Chrome.

I tried to post a new thread topic in Tech Support, but the "create title" appears for a second and then disappear.

We're working through some mobile issues.

At this moment it doesn't matter how it looks. I must have drank a pot and a half of coffee thinking I had a coffee headache but it wasn't until the site came back that all was well again.
Thank you.

Greg

Change? CHANGE? *screams in moonbat* :D
Nice to see the site logo now matches the bumper sticker I got at Monadnock!
Another +1 for the color change to a darker format. Perhaps even enabling a user defined choice?
I tried mobile and some of the settings for the layout must not be 100% worked out as some of the forum links get lost under the forums bar.

Overall, good work guys!

is there any way to edit the subject line to a thread you previously started? There used to be a "go advanced" button that allowed you to do that.

Just noticed i-trader feedback seems reset to zero. Will that be carried over somehow? Would be a shame to have lost a way to track reliable sellers/buyers.

60F2E8B5-D7D7-41A1-B715-C02A8F31A6EB.jpeg This is great! A very nice upgrade. However, you may have gotten the bullet logo all wrong.
The biggest tragedy of the upgrade? My avatar is no longer dancing unless you click on my profile. She just stands there. :(

A sad day indeed. I also mourn the loss of movement of whacko’s avatar. Other than that, the site looks nice! The responsive main page is a definite upgrade.

Just noticed i-trader feedback seems reset to zero. Will that be carried over somehow? Would be a shame to have lost a way to track reliable sellers/buyers.
Good catch.
I know it was sort of brought up using likes earlier but the approve/disapprove needs to come back if possible or the use of a dislike button.

noticed no search this thread option. The colors on my end are awful weird pinky,light blues. Im a fudd I hate changeo_O

noticed no search this thread option. The colors on my end are awful weird pinky,light blues. Im a fudd I hate changeo_O
Click in to the search and you'll see you can select the this forum.

xen_search.png
I'm still tweaking the colors to match the old software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom