***NES Forum Upgrade 11/18/2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some quick observations: Yes, too white and washed out. Arrow to open a thread at next unread message is very, very small. Can't seem to find setting to turn people's avatars off.

Am using Chrome on Window$.

Some quick observations: Yes, too white and washed out. Arrow to open a thread at next unread message is very, very small. Can't seem to find setting to turn people's avatars off.

Am using Chrome on Window$.

Unfortunately there isn't a specific option to disable avatars - I'll probably end up making a secondary theme which doesn't display them once we finalize everything.

2 more things I noticed. Pre-update videos don't seem to show up (ex. see JJ Parkinson Thread) while post-update ones do (ex. Malcom memorial thread). The forum doesn't seem to remember/indicate which thread's I've posted in.

Pre-update videos don't seem to show up (ex. see JJ Parkinson Thread) while post-update ones do (ex. Malcom memorial thread).

I'll see what I can do about converting these old links.

The forum doesn't seem to remember/indicate which thread's I've posted in.

As of right now, that's not a supported function. I'll see what I can do about that.

Thanks. Very good point and something we did when my Mother died. I will try to communicate with the Family tonight about that.
Len,
I don't know the plans/schedule, but I am off on Monday so if that's the day I am free to sit in my car outside a random house somewhere in this state. Either a nice non-descript Honda or an "in your face Gadsden Jeep". PM if I can help.

The white background is a bit imposing. Any way to dim it down a little in a "settings".

Will the new upgrade help the Flobert parlor rifle sell? That’s all I’m interested in.

Other than that, kevin9 is right: I hate not being able to see which threads I’ve posted in, though the alert system should help with that.

Eta: ah. Never mind. sHorty fixed kevin9’s problem.

I'll see what I can do about converting these old links.
As of right now, that's not a supported function. I'll see what I can do about that.

Click on your username in the upper right hand corner, click on"Your Content". That does it for me.

Sorry guys, Shorty has been working his tail off trying to get everything back to normal. We are getting closer.

Unfortunately there isn't a specific option to disable avatars - I'll probably end up making a secondary theme which doesn't display them once we finalize everything.
Are you taking feedback?

I had a red circle with 4 for alerts/notifications/whatevers. When I clicked on it, it went away.

Where do we click to see our unread posts (used to be "settings" I think)?

I'm sure this will be better overall, once everyone gets used to stuff, so thanks.

Why do these "upgrades" usually seem like down grades? I mean, I've noticed several lost functions but what new functionality did we gain?

We were running forum software that had reached end-of-life years ago - it simply wasn't maintainable anymore. Yes, there are going to be some things missing from here, but there are many things gained as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom