• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES HF net?

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Hey all,

Has there ever been a time when NES'ers had a scheduled HF net. I've been thinking it might be fun to start one. VHF would be OK if we weren't flung so widely over the New England area. 75 meters on a weekend evening?

This subject comes up every so often. I would be in for one. Late in the evening would be the best time for me.

CW right now anyone? I'm in a wood stove heated Boy Scout cabin in NH with my son's patrol. 80M or 40M? Keep it under 20wpm, or I can slow way down for you. I have a wire in a tree and my QRP rig and conditions seem good.

Edit: QRT. The scouts are turning in.

Last edited:
20 or 40 m after 9:00PM pick a day of the week. This would be great. Even if we only got 2 or 3 people to participate my experience is that others will join in once they hear our topic.

Last edited:
headnorth and I will be on 40m 7.187 at 9:00pm tomorrow. Please feel free to join us. Please PM me for my call.

Has anyone had any qso's? I will be around on the weekend. Late at night is best for me.

Please PM me with your call if you are planning on joining our QSO tonight at 9:00pm on 7.187m.
Also thank you for welcoming me to the forum.

I hope you check this before 9:00 7.187 lots of QRM 7.197 is a bit better I will try on 7.187 and then move to 7.197

I will try what time and what freq. PM me for my call.
Radio only one reason without an antenna you can't do any QSO or DX your radio is just an expensive door stop

Last edited:
It's been crazy at work the past couple of weeks...I hardly even checked NES the whole time. Sounds like you guys are running with it...I am a horrible CW op...barely passed my 13 wpm at the custom house back in the 80s. ..haven't had a cw contact since. I pretend that I'd like to learn it again but there's never enough hours in a day. I may be in the shack tomorrow evening...maybe we could pick a 40/75 freq and go from there.

I'd like to try this again, however 40m goes long in the afternoon and through the night. We can try this again, does anyone have any suggestions on frequency, maybe 10m. As far as VHF/UHF I don't think I can hit a common repeater and I don't think the operators in the east can hit my local repeater. So I don't think VHF or UHF will work except for small local groups.

I think that 75 meters would be best for local New England coverage. 60 meters might work too...maybe tomorrow (Sunday night)? Assuming I don't get hung up tomorrow evening, I could find a free(ish) frequency and call CQ NES net. I'll post a frequency here tomorrow evening...if anyone is interested, PM me and I can send you my call sign...

sorry guys...can't make it tonight...I got called into work this afternoon. I was hoping I'd be home by now but it doesn't look like I'm going to be home until later tonight. (I'm keeping track of the score via internet). I have echolink installed on my shack computer but I haven't had a chance to set it up yet. maybe that might be a way to do it.

Back
Top Bottom