• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES HF net?

I just called out on the Paxton Repeater and I got no reply. Looks as though no one is on right not I also called out on the Monson repeater and also did not get a reply no one was on. thme now 9:20PM Sunday 3/12/2023

Calling on Monson right now 9:23PM it is now 9:28 PM i have made a few call outs with no reply are you still listening? Calling again 9;32 this is becomming a waist of time.

Last edited:
Got Monson on now.

N1M something on CMARA.

I just called out on the Paxton Repeater and I got no reply. Looks as though no one is on right not I also called out on the Monson repeater and also did not get a reply no one was on. thme now 9:20PM Sunday 3/12/2023

Calling on Monson right now 9:23PM it is now 9:28 PM i have made a few call outs with no reply are you still listening?

Are you N1M something? Heard that on Paxton (CMARA).
I heard something on Monson one also, but it sounded like a lady.

Could you do both again?

Thanks

9:33 PM

Are you N1M something? Heard that on Paxton (CMARA).
I heard something on Monson one also, but it sounded like a lady.

Could you do both again?

Thanks

9:33 PM
That was not me on Paxton on the CMARA maybe I sound like a lady on the Monson, However I have never heard a woman on the Monson Repeater. I will try again right my call is M1HM however I almost alway call it out Phoinically November one Hotel Mike calling on monson now

N1HM is probably what I heard. Was it on Monson or Paxton? Listening to both right now.

Would also like to try Warren as a middle ground.

Monson I will call out right now on Monson let me know if you can hear me

calling on Paxton right now 10:13
i will try Warren now 10:14
OK I did all three did you hear anything?
PM me and I will give you my phone number.

Last edited:
Can someone PM me if an actual NES net stands up? I'm unsubbing this thread, if I wanted to know who was chatting on a repeater, I would tune my radio to it.
Small steps. This guy is trying to do something, ANYTHING, and can't even get an answer. If anything else were to happen, it would have to build from some base like this. I guess there is just no oomph in anybody to actually even attempt participating. Well @JDL , you tried.

It is to early to try and set up a NES net right now. At this point I was just trying to find a repeater that as many NES members are able to hit and once we find that repeater to set up an informal chat group QSO. For some reason there are very few that want to partisapate based on the fact no one seems to be responding. How could we even start to put together a net with net protocol and a net administrator if we have no NES members participating.

It is to early to try and set up a NES net right now. At this point I was just trying to find a repeater that as many NES members are able to hit and once we find that repeater to set up an informal chat group QSO. For some reason there are very few that want to partisapate based on the fact no one seems to be responding. How could we even start to put together a net with net protocol and a net administrator if we have no NES members participating.

HF.....Below 30mhz.

Toss a dipole up in a couple of trees and get on the air.

Just to chime in, I'm interested in some sort of net or even a 'watch' frequency to monitor when I'm by the radio. I am not able to hit any of the central / western MA repeaters that have been discussed lately. I have no issue with sharing my call, N1MHD, not sure why that would be an issue for some but yes, it does put one 'out there' identity-wise.

Yes it did get side tracked only because it seems no one wants to put a HF anything togather I have tryed befor and it never got off the ground. It shifted to repeaters because maybe more would partisapate. That never happend so this HF Net issue is dead.
I am sighing off N1HM

Like I said, you need to take some small steps first. I totally get what JDL was doing, and attempted to help. It looks like he's right, nobody else really interested in doing any of the legwork or steps to advance the idea.

There should be traffic on repeaters today with all the snow/weather. We have a weather net on Greylock right now.

ARES/Skywarn net.

For those of you wanting to do a "NES HF NET", why not try to take advantage of what framework is already existing out there for ham radio contacts? Just say hi, and listen a while. Maybe after 5 or 10 or 20 guys come on there and say "Hi, I'm whoever, and hello to my NES friends." they will ask if maybe you want to start your own "NET", or maybe, if you are club members, you could ask them if there is an open time to do something like this.

Anyhow, George's is on again in less than 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom