• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES is back

What was wrong, what did I miss? Damn I have been out trying to clear all the snow here at our house in Peabody.

Charles

o8XB53F.png

Never trust a system administrator when they tell you something is simple, and should only take 1 hour.

Depends on the admin and his track record... Anytime someone asks me for a time frame, I figure out worst case scenario and then double it. So when I tell someone it will take about an hour, it will probably be done in 10-15 minutes. If it's something major, I make damned sure a complete backup was done first.

BTW, I also ran a discussion board for a while. I did all code updates very late at night when no one was on it. I would also post up a notice on the board at least a few days to a week ahead of time. Make sure it was in a place where everyone would see it too. While it going that route can make things more difficult on the person doing the update, it impacts the users far less.

Also, I'm sure there are a good number of us here that are NOT on fb or twittle. So using that as the default engine to let people know things are going to happen isn't all that.

Back
Top Bottom