NES members. Any diversity here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some incredibly smart people on this forum, and not just about firearms. Ask just about any question and someone will have a good answer.

There are plenty of white collar members, including engineers, doctors and lawyers. Your assertion is not accurate.

There are members who are minorities and members who are gay. All gun owners are welcome here but sometimes us moderators have to remind people about that.

Myself, I'm a typical mongrel. My Dad's side is Old Irish migrated to Canada/Nova Scotia and my mom side is Swedish and Irish.

if I'm the only LGBT person here.
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

As the head of the Boston chapter of the Pink Pistols (see? I can appeal to authority, too!) I can assure you, you're not.

At least @G4Y4HK is funny when he trolls.

Curious if any African Americans, or women hang out on this board? Or is it all New England guys with plumbers' crack, a CAT hat, a big pickup, and flannel shirts?

We are all just humans. No need to go into race, gender or religion.

Diversity seems to be just another word for division. We need to be united, not divided.

Importation of slaves ended about 200 years ago. Slavery in the US ended about 160 years ago. At some point you must decide where your ties are closer.
If that was true then we'd have no "blank-American clubs" to gather at and celebrate our non-American culture and heritage by getting drunk.

Different cultures, different ways of looking at things. It's nice to talk to someone other than the typical guys you see hanging around the gun shops.
Yes. You should try Dorchester. Say about 2:30am.
Get back to us on that.

White colonialist European who was born in South Africa moves to the United States. Can he check off "African American"? Genuinely curious what would a South African Whitey immigrating to the states would call himself.

White colonialist European who was born in South Africa moves to the United States. Can he check off "African American"? Genuinely curious what would a South African Whitey immigrating to the states would call himself.
Musky?

Reactions: TLB
Be honest, OP. Was the whole purpose of this thread so that you could let all of us know you're a tranny?
Was he the one that i picked up a few months ago ubering? If so he should get a closer shave before adding the makeup.

Because everyone wants to feel like they belong. Finding people who are like you helps in that regard. It makes you feel less like an outsider.
Here’s the thing, when you remove yourself from the majority because you can only identify or relate to a tiny fraction of the population and you feel the need to tell everybody how special and unique you are because…who knows, don’t care, but you just separated yourself from the herd all on your own, nobody here pushed you out, remember that.

C8996154-F573-49B9-B9C3-0A4542A3976B.jpeg

Curious if any African Americans, or women hang out on this board? Or is it all New England guys with plumbers' crack, a CAT hat, a big pickup, and flannel shirts?
NES is full of Americans of African descent (including pasty dudes in Rhodesian shorts), Asians, Gays, Latinos, Jews, Native Americans, and Indians in addition to women and wealthy white whales... I mean Clydesdales.

Maybe it's my bias, but it seems that most people here are white, guys, leaning toward the blue collar spectrum, and really hetero. Was just wondering if that was reality, or there were other folks here. And wondering quite frankly if I'm the only LGBT person here.
NES, self included, rag on the alphabet extremists and groomers in the Clown World Thread while at the same time offering training post Pulse (Operation Flaming Sword) and supporting the Pink Pistols.

Here’s the thing, when you remove yourself from the majority because you can only identify or relate to a tiny fraction of the population and you feel the need to tell everybody how special and unique you are because…who knows, don’t care, but you just separated yourself from the herd all on your own, nobody here pushed you out, remember that.

View attachment 719001
Very good point! This highlights a major issue in this country right now. We seem focused more on what separates us than what we do have in common.

If you need to find real outsiders by NES terms to hang with, <whispers> there are still some cops here.

NES, largely, is more concerned with whether you think 40 is a viable caliber than anything else about you.

Maybe it's my bias, but it seems that most people here are white, guys, leaning toward the blue collar spectrum, and really hetero. Was just wondering if that was reality, or there were other folks here. And wondering quite frankly if I'm the only LGBT person here.
Are most people here white? Quite likely since that's demographics.
Male? Again demographics of gun owners
Straight? Again, demographics
Blue collar? Not really - guns are expensive so the median income here is likely much higher than the norm.

However the demographics here are probably very representative of active guns owners as a group.

And no, you are not the only LGBT person here since I've met others who meet that description but simply don't GAS enough to self identify here as such since it really doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom