NES Social Dinner?

so the worcester area then???? 495 to 290.....it's mostly highway and good for most I guess....not too bad from RI or Southern Maine and a lot of NH.

Some future possible venues:
Carmela's Kitchen: Brookfield
Wolfey's: Deerfield
Bub's BBQ: Hadley
Wrights: RI
Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun (buffet!)
Cheng Du:Westborough
Crackerbarrel:Sturbridge
Rom's:Sturbridge

There is some place in RI which does big lobster/clambakes. That would be a great place for a large group to hire out for a night. Horseshoes, food, music, etc. I bet I can get my friend's band to play there or somewhere else if desired.

There's a Tennessee BBQ in Framingham, and I think it's better than Fireflies

Fireflies is also located in Framingham, just off Rte. 30 at Rte. 126 (not far off the Mass Pike). This location was an Applebees before.

Whoever posted Fireflies in Westboro . . . are you thinking of Marlboro or did they really open 3 places a town apart from each other?

Outlaw BBQ is a place we've been to a number of times. Relatively small and have had TERRIBLE SERVICE (waitress was obviously pissed about some other local group that was there and literally threw our take-home trays down on our table and stormed away, she then ignored us the rest of the evening). Food was OK (I'm not a BBQ expert), but I wouldn't recommend the place.

Marlboro/Framingham area would be ideal for me. I really liked the Marlboro Fireflies the one time I was there. [It used to be Royal Mandarin, a favorite of many of my old DECcie Noters back in the day . . . ]

There's a Tennessee BBQ in Framingham, and I think it's better than Fireflies

I don't know about the one in Framingham. I do know that they are all owned by different people, and they don't all cook the same. I also know that the one in Milford sucks...and the one in Braintree/Quincy is phenomenal. But I haven't heard that the one in Framingham is that good either...but that's hearsay as I've yet to eat at that one.

We can't even agree on a location, how the hell are we going to pick a date?

[rofl]

lol......I have more of an issue with the date than the place. I don't care what state it's in. I'll drive most anywhere....I just need notice.

Yea, but so far it's always been one for the WW's...and for once we should make one easy for them...

But that's just my thoughts...

Well, I had LONG AGO suggested a dinner AFTER a gun show near the Big E. Sue had suggested a seafood buffet that was spitting distance to the Big E.

If this is done, I'd also suggest another get-together in Eastern MA/Southern NH.

Keep in mind (wrt Newburyport) that some of us aren't into "risky ventures" and won't drive thru the "big pig" any more, thus from South of Boston, going around to get there makes for a VERY LONG trip.

Arrrggghhh!

Just pick a freakin' date and call it - those who can make it, will. Those who can't, will make the next one.

Good grief, you guys talk more than Congress! [rolleyes]

Look, why don't we set a rolling schedule - ex: first saturday of the month, lunch in Manchester at xxx, second sunday of the month, lunch in Norwell at xxx, third saturday (or sunday) in Worcester (or Marlboro), etc.

This way, everyone KNOWS in advance where and when they are, what the closest ones are and can arrange their schedule to make it if they want. No one has to worry that "I can't make it and who knows when the next one will be!". And the big difficulty will be hashing out the schedule, but at least once that's done, it's done.

'Course, it's going to be difficult on Derek because he'll feel obligated to go to all of them! [smile]

their biggest drawback is a business card size sign behind the cash register
that states a " 2 hour time limit "
I have heard no problem if You are chowing down on Salad and Chicken Legs ,
But can You picture a waitress trying to wrestle a Lobster from some of the guys on here ( let alone My Wife ) , Yelling Your time is up [rofl]
Bob

Last edited:
But can You picture a waitress trying to wrestle a Lobster from some of the guys on here ( let alone My Wife )
My wife is 5'8" and built uh... solidly (she pulls a 40 lb bow). The thought of a waitress trying to pry a lobster away from her brings to mind a line from Lord of the Rings: "Come not between the Nazgul and her prey!"

Getting back on a more serious note
It is a shame I didn't find You folks earlier , I saw where one of the members offered His large back yard for a get together.
I could of brought a tent if I had some help setting it up.
You can see a pic. of a 20 x 20 on the Norfolk County League site under State Associations .
I have them up to 30 X 70 that will seat 275 people buffet style ( that one You can see on the Mass.Beach Buggies web site.(with Kerry Healey under it )
Bob

Last edited:
My wife is 5'8" and built uh... solidly (she pulls a 40 lb bow). The thought of a waitress trying to pry a lobster away from her brings to mind a line from Lord of the Rings: "Come not between the Nazgul and her prey!"

[laugh2]
I can picture the two of them now Back to Back
With the Managers and the Police looking for there chance to attack.
Bob
[rofl]

Getting back on a more serious note
It is a shame I didn't find You folks earlier , I saw where one of the members offered His large back yard for a get together.
I could of brought a tent if I had some help setting it up.
You can see a pic. of a 20 x 20 on the Norfolk County League site under State Associations .
I have them up to 30 X 70 that will seat 275 people buffet style ( that one You can see on the Mass.Beach Buggies web site.(with Kerry Healey under it )
Bob

Sounds much like the sizes that Chris Siano had up for his party (which may have been what you were referring to). A very good time was had by all, I might add!

I still vote for Worcestor or a bit more west for the Wildweassels - I don't care where. ...I was going to say "I'm easy", but knowing how some of my boys will respond, I thought better of it. [smile] [wink]

so the worcester area then???? 495 to 290.....it's mostly highway and good for most I guess....not too bad from RI or Southern Maine and a lot of NH.

Giuseppe's in Northboro?
Steak Loft in Northboro?
Cheng Du?
Ken's Steak House? (Doesn't Jay Severen do a show there periodically? Maybe make it on a show night and get some positive coverage! Anyone ever hear of L.A.R.G.O.? [hint:www.largo.org])

Chuck's Steak House and Margaritagrill in Auburn. Auburn is right on the Pike and even easier than Worcester from most of the state.

Last edited:
Giuseppe's in Northboro?
Steak Loft in Northboro?
Cheng Du?
Ken's Steak House? (Doesn't Jay Severen do a show there periodically? Maybe make it on a show night and get some positive coverage! Anyone ever hear of L.A.R.G.O.? [hint:www.largo.org])

Ken's
The wife and I went there on a Wed. for the Jay Severn $ 9.69 " English ? " prime rib special. they serve it a la carte . With a salad , backed potato . 1 cup of soup with 2 drinks cost us $50.00 +
I would rather spend that much at www.custys.com on steak and lobster
Bob

Back
Top Bottom